Chapter 25: Bossier than my Dad

5 in the evening and I was on my way to the hostel trying to think of a better solution to my problem.

Eric had suddenly grown overprotective and had walked me to the gate.

We walked side by side, in silence, to the hostel and I mostly used the silence to figure out a way to stop them from making a big mistake. One they'd never be able to walk away from.

Many thoughts crossed my mind but none of seemed like good ideas.

Suddenly, my thoughts drifted to Caleb, his smile, the way he laughs and his voice. The way he walks tops it all.

What are you doing, Debby?

"You said?" I heard Eric ask and I look at him, a confused expression on my face.

"You were saying something." he told me and I realized I must have been thinking aloud.

"Oh. Nothing. It's nothing." I smiled at him and he gave me a look that told me he didn't really believe me but he'd just let it go.

"Oh. We're here." I said when we reached the gate to the girl's hostel.
"You may go now." I turned and told him.

"I'm not leaving this place till I see you go in." he stated stubbornly and I just rolled my eyes.

"You know if anything were to happen to me, it would have. This morning in fact." I stated as a matter-of-factly.

"Lucky enough, it didn't. So let's not take our chances." he replied and folded his arms.

"Uuggghh. You're bossier than my dad." I told him and he chuckled.

"Is that even possible?" he asked me and we laughed.

It's impossible to be bossier than my dad.

Impo -ssi-ble

We stopped laughing and I stared at the distance for a while before turning to him.

"Are you guys really not going to listen to me?" I asked, scared of what his reply might be.

"Just go in. We've got this handled." he smiled at me and put his hand on my hair. He pushed the hair that were out of my bun behind my ear and gave my head a gentle pat.

"I'm not a dog." I pouted then removed his hand from my head before he smiled.

"Goodnight." I greeted.

"Goodnight. Sleep well." his voice deepened to a gentle tone and I smiled before entering the hostel's gate.

***
"I'm home." I greeted as I closed the door.

"Uggghhhhh." Diamond groaned when I turned around.

"What?" I asked.

"I thought you were Annabel." she answered and laid back on her bed.

"Why?" I asked as I moved to my bed.

"She's been gone for like an hour now to get food for us and hasn't returned. My stomach is slowly eating up my organs." Amanda lamented and I chuckled.

"That's not how the body works, Amanda." I said before plopping on my bed to remove my shoes.

"Yeah, Amanda. I'm not a science student but at least I know that." Diamond sat up and chipped in but Amanda couldn't care less.

"Woah, me I'm hungry jhare! (I'm just hungry!)" Amanda yelled before falling back on her bed giving a loud thud.

"Why did you guys send her in the first place? You could have gotten your food yourselves." I mentioned and opened my wardrobe.