Chapter 6: What Just Happened?!

A few minutes after Diamond's incessant grumbling on her bed, I finally got to sleep.

And soon, I was already stretching on my bed with a loud yawn because unfortunately it was already morning and my stupid alarm wouldn't just stop ringing.

"Shut up!" I whisper before tapping dismiss.

Stupid short nights and long days.

With another quick stretch and a short yawn, I stagger out of bed.

The other girls were still sleeping, probably because they don't have early classes like I do.

As I'm humming at a song by my dashing Charlie Puth - We don't talk anymore -, I sway my hips from one side to the other.

I know I should be sad about the fact that I finally found out that I had been best friend zoned by my crush or the fact that I have a crazy roommate who has sworn stupidly to own Eric and also ruin me but I can't help but still smile.

I guess it's just my nature to hate sadness or depression.

On my way outside the room to get to a probably vacant bathroom, someone moans in their bed and I turn to a yawning Diamond.

"Good morning, roomie." I greet with a huge grin on my face which I'm pretty sure left Diamond very confused. I don't know cos I didn't wait to see her expression.

We have only ten bathrooms for the large population of girls in this hostel and some girls are like Hawks already at the door waiting for the nightwalkers in the bathroom. And I don't want to have to wait in a long line of students.
I have an 8 o' clock class.

At the counter where the caretaker stays, there are three intersections. One leads to the exit which is in front of me, the other to the numerous rooms, upstairs and downstairs and the last on the left, leads to the bathroom.

Luckily when I get to the bathroom, there is a vacant one. As I'm about to jump into my luck, someone shoves me aside, almost making me fall.

I manage to maintain balance on my feet before turning to see an evil grinning Diamond at the door to MY bathroom.

"Hey, I was going there first!" I yell. I wonder how fast she chased me to be ready for the bathroom and how come I didn't hear behind me? Probably because I was humming happily to What Lovers Do by Maroon 5 ft Sza.

"First come, first serve. You were slow, although I'm not surprised. It's how you've always been. I can tell. From your zone with Eric." she says before closing the bathroom door at me.

I'm in a good mood and I won't let some slimy bitch take that away.

I decide to stand at the door and just wait for her to come out or any faster person.

With the bathrooms filled up, I also decide to make good on my words and call Mariam. It's a bit too early (6:15 am) but I know Mariam somehow was always awake once the clock hit 6. Why? She never told.
After the third buzz buzz, the call is answered.

"Hey, Mariam."

"Hey, Debby! It's been a while." she sounds excited from the other end and I smile it's a good thing. At least, she's not in some kind of danger.

"Yeah. How have you been?"

"Good. Good. You?"

"I've just been here and there." I answer without giving specifics and she cackles.

"Heard you already gained admission. Congrats!"

Wow, the news travelled faster than when I got an A in Math.