Chapter 09 : Tin and Pete Operation

Sorry for late update. My dear proofreader was kinda busy with her schedule. But she's tried her best. And I can't thank you enough, atralux

💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠  

Pete and Tin started their 'operations'. Tin almost always parked his car in the Faculty of Sport Science or in front of the soccer field. Many times, Tin passed Can but left immediately after their eyes met. And Pete often mentioned Tin's name when he was gathering with Ae and his soccer team. He didn't care about Ae's jealousy that was increasingly visible. Every time Ae starts to protest, he will hold Ae's hand and say, "later you will know my reason. To be sure, there is only Ae in my heart". Ae could not do anything and lets Pete be 'close' to Tin.

As it happened today, when they were gathering in the field. They planned to watch Aquaman together. When they were not paying attention, Pete quietly sends a Line to Tin, asking him to call him. Shortly thereafter, Tin called. Tin doesn't need to say anything, Pete will handle it.

"Ah Tin, you happen to call. We plan to watch Aquaman in Siam. Do you want to come?"

"Do you want to meet there or go together from the campus?"

"Of course with Ae and some members of his soccer team."

"Can? Of course he comes along. In fact, he invited us earlier."

"Eh, why don't you want to join? Tin ... Hello Tin? ... Hello? ...."

"He hung up. Why is that?"

From the beginning of the conversation, Pete's eyeballs occasionally glanced at Can. Initially, he was surprised, happy and in the end disappointed. Even though he didn't seem to care, Pete was satisfied with his 'work'. Without waiting for a long time, they immediately rushed to Pete's and Type's cars. They don't want to be late for watching Aquaman in Siam.

💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠

Can joined Pete's car. He was silent all the way. Occasionally Ae and Good invited him to chat but he only answered with a nod, shook his head or answered hhmm, like someone who was having a toothache. Finally, they gave up and left Can in his own world.

When they arrived at the cinema, Pete went straight to the toilet, while Ae and the others waited in the lobby. Can followed Pete when his friends were 'off guard'. After Pete came out of one of the booths, he saw Can waiting for him in front of the sink. Pete could already guess the reason Can was waiting for him but he decided to still play his role.

"Can, you wanna pee?", He asked.

"I don't want to pee, Pete."

"Uh, so why did you come here?"

"I want to talk to you."

"You're so weird, Can. You can talk anytime and anywhere. Why do you have to follow me going to the toilet in the cinema, hehehe."

Can's face get red because embarassed. He regretted his stupidity. Pete is right, he can talk to Pete whenever and wherever he wants, why should it be here? But his stupid brain couldn't think further. It's been almost 2 weeks since he refused Tin and since that's his life got messed up. These past weeks felt like hell. Even though they passed each other almost every day, they never talked. Aggravated by Pete who always mentions his name in front of him. The peak is today. Tin doesn't want to watch Aquaman with them because Can is with them. Can's heart hurt when he found it out. He wanted to cancel the meeting and go home, to vent his disappointment. But now, he's stuck here, with his friends. He tried his best to keep looking like the usual Can, but he failed. He knew his friends were worried about his changes. But it can't be helped, his heart is too sick to pretend everything. *At least, I didn't cry in front of my friends*, he thought.

"Can ... Why are you here anyway? Are you intentionally waiting for me?"

"Ah, no Pete. It's okay. Sorry, I want to pee," Can said as he entered the booth in a hurry.

Pete just looked at Can's back until it disappeared behind the door. There is a bit of regret for doing this to Can this past week. But what can he do, he does all this for their sake. Pete stepped out steadily to leave Can with all his troubles.

💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠

After watching Aquaman, they hang out at Starbucks. They talked about many things, then suddenly Pete asked for their attention.

"Guys, the day after tomorrow is my mother's birthday. We used to celebrate just for the both of us because we didn't have anyone. Sometimes Tin came if he had time. But since I know you guys, I often tell about you to Mama. She is very happy when I'm happy. Last night she asked me to invite you on her birthday. It's not a big event or a party, it's just dinner and barbeque. If you don't mind, can you accept my Mom's invitation?"

Actually Pete was a little afraid to invite them. He was afraid because what if their reason to accept and be kind to him is because he is close to Ae. He was afraid if they actually didn't like him, just like everyone else around him, besides Tin. Ae knows his lover's concerns, but he can't do anything to help him this time. Ae is sure his friends were not like what Pete thought, but to be honest Ae also had that fear. Now is a good time to find out, so he lets Pete invite them and lets them to reject or accept Pete's Mom invitation, without his interference.

Type seemed to understand the anxiety of the two lovebirds in front of him, and he opened his mouth after seeing the faces of his friends.

"I'm coming, Pete. But may I bring my boyfriend?," asked Type.

"Of course, Phi. You can bring anyone you want," Pete answered with a big smile.

"Hhmmm ... Then I'll invite ChaAem," Pond continued.

"Huft, my girlfriend is going to her grandmother's house in Chiangmai. Good, you can just come with me," Champ said Good answered with a nod.

"I will take Ai Nic," said Techno.

"You don't want to take the Mercedes boy, Ai No?", teased Type.

"What's the matter, Type ???." - Techno

"Alright, just invite him. We still haven't finished evaluating him, Ai No." - Champ

"What will you evaluate about him, Champ?." - Techno

"Do I need to answer here?," challenged Champ.

"No. No need. All right, I'll take him." - Techno

"Can, are you coming?" - Pete

"It's about meals and you still ask Can, Pete? Surely he will come along. Tell your Mom to make more portions for Can. You know by yourself the capacity of his rubber belly, right? Where does all the food go from his body will always be the biggest mystery in the world," Pond answered representing Can who was welcomed by the laughter of his other friends. The object is only smile a little. His mind was confused, he wasn't even sure what he wanted at the moment, Tin coming or not coming to Pete's Mom birthday event. He wasn't sure how to behave later. But he also couldn't resist Pete's invitation, abstinence for him to reject his best friend's invitation, whatever it was.

Ae, who doesn't know about Pete and Tin operation, can only smile relieved to see his friend's willingness to accepts the invitation of Pete's Mom. He wanted Pete to be accepted because of Pete himself, not because of him, because he knew that Pete was indeed worthy of being loved by everyone, especially by his friends.

Pete was also touched by their willingness. And he knew that his new friends accepted him sincerely, not only because he was someone close to Ae. Of course that was the beginning of their acceptance, but sooner or later they accepted it because he was Pete, without any frills.

He also did not forget his operation with Tin. He will take advantage of this event so that Tin and Can finish their business without remaining alone. So that they can live the days ahead with a heart that has been arranged, without a doubt.

💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠🔻💠🔺💠

Published : 02.01.2019 ; 7.18am