Chapter 26: Mrs. Strange and Mr. Crazy

Annabel had gotten bored of the lectures and Harry wasn't in class today (which made her really disappointed). She tried lying to me that she wasn't disappointed but I know her well enough to know she was lying.

She left the auditorium after the first class to attend a meeting at the School's Press building.

Except for the other students listening and the lecturer who was just pouring out words from his mouth, I was alone in class. Eric wasn't in class. I called him a few minutes after we got to class to know where he was but his line was busy. I texted him after then and still haven't heard from him.

I was sitting at the end of the class. I was starting to get used to it. It was away from the lecturers and their analysing eyes and it gave more privacy for doing something else, other than listening to the teaching going on.

It's not that I don't like school or I don't want to learn, it's just I get tired of it sometimes.

I was starting to doze off in class, a lot bored of the ongoing lecture when I heard movements beside me. I turned to see Caleb squeezing himself to get to where I was sitting. When he was successful, he sat beside me with a loud sigh. Probably out of relief.

My heart skipped a bit when he waved his hand at me and whispered 'hello'.

I hesitated before answering. "Oh. Hi."

"I'm sorry about Annabel this morning." I started to say.

"Oh, it's nothing. I understand girlfriends. They can be crazy sometimes." he replied and I chuckled then turned to force my ears to listen to the lecturer.

"So, why are you not listening in class?" he whispered.

"Who said I wasn't?" I whispered back, my face still turned to the front.

"I saw you. You've been sleeping since this man entered."

"Were you watching me?" I turned to him while raising a questioning brow.

"Did I do anything wrong?" he had an innocent look.

"Yes, you did."

"Oh, so it's a crime to watch an Angel sleep." he smirked.

Did he just call me an angel?

"You're crazy." I dismissed addressing his statement and faced front while trying to act natural. Like I wasn't happy he called me an Angel.

"It takes one to know one." he commented and I pursed my lips, holding back a smile.

"Did you just call me crazy?" I faced him now, faking a serious face.

"Did I?" his face held that same innocent look and I almost laughed aloud.

"You're disturbing me." I faced front again and started scribbling something the lecturer was writing on the board. I didn't know what I was writing, I was just trying to keep my hands busy and eyes away from him.

"It's not like you know what you're writing." I caught him from the side of my eye looking at my book as I was writing.

"Go away, please. I want to concentrate." I begged him.

"I'm not holding you." he raised his hands midair.
"Besides, it's a free world. I can sit anywhere I want to. I paid my school fee."

"And so did I but I remember I didn't pay for a distraction." I cocked my head.

"Hmm. So I'm a distraction?" he had an smug look on his face.

A big one. Is what I would have said but I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.