Symphony

Chapter 76

A/N - Two updates from me in one day hey? If you didn't see, I updated my oneshot book as well! I don't have much to say except enjoy!

Symphony - Zara Larsson
"I'm sorry if it's all too much, every day you're here, I'm healing, and I was runnin' out of luck, I never thought I'd find this feeling"

(George POV)

Reece groaned from behind me as his alarm sounded through the room. He didn't have a nightmare, but he had a pretty restless sleep. Reece rolled onto his back and turned the alarm off. I rolled onto my other side and put my head on Reece's chest and yawned.

"We don't have to go if you're not up for it." I mumbled, not bothering to open my eyes.

"I know." Reece said, making some strange noises as he stretched.

We laid there for a few more minutes before reluctantly climbing out of bed. I headed for the bathroom as Reece headed to the kitchen, then switching after I showered and he ate. Reece and I met back at his room to get everything we needed for school. Then we left to meet up at Blake's house after threatening to leave him if he wasn't ready on time, and much to our surprise, he was already waiting.

"Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" I asked, giving him a look of genuine shock.

"Oh, fuck off mate." Blake said, shoving me playfully.

I laughed as I put an arm around his shoulder, keeping my other hand tightly locked with Reece's. We talked casually on the way to school, Reece even cracking a smile at a few points. As we neared the gates to hell I looked at Reece who nodded back. I sighed and let go of Reece's hand, he knew I didn't want to but he also knew I needed to. We walked through the gates and spotted Brent, looking as if he was just waiting to torment us.

"If it isn't the boyfriends and the third wheel." Brent smirked.

My heart skipped a beat before I realised he was talking about Blake and I, I still had my arm around his shoulder in a friendly way. Little did he know...

"Actually, my girlfriend is over there." Blake said, pointing towards where Hailey was standing.

Brent wasn't happy with that. He started to move towards Blake, but Reece stepped forward.

"My patience is very low right now, I suggest you stay away." Reece warned.

"Yeah, like you can do shit to me." Brent taunted.

"I broke your nose remember? I didn't even have to hit you that hard. Stay away from us before I do worse damage." Reece threatened.

Reece grabbed Blake and I by the wrist and pulled us away. Reece let go of blake first so while I was still in his hold, I pulled him into a quiet hallway.

"You okay?" I asked, looking up into his Green eyes.

"Okay is pushing it, but I'm not too bad." Reece replied.

"It's not too late to go home." I reminded.

"I know." Reece said, his eyes flicking dow to my lips. Instead of kissing me, he lightly ran his thumb over my wrist. I smiled at him before making my way back to my locker, Reece following just behind me. We grabbed our books and headed to our first class with Blake. Luckily Reece and I were in the first class together. All of Reece's classes today were with either me, Blake or the both of us, that put my mind at ease a little knowing he wouldn't be alone. The three of us sat next to each other just as the bell rang, signalling the start of class.