Happier

Chapter 73

A/N - Hey hey hey! I thought it was Sunday so it's a bit late again sorry. I have planned out the rest of this book and I don't have very many left to write... I will definitely cry when this is finished. Most of the chapters from here are longer than usual, ranging from about 1.7k words to 2.3k words. So yeah, there's a little update on how everything is going. Enjoy the chaper!

Happier - Ed Sheeran
"'Cause baby you look happier, you do"

(George POV)

I woke up in Reece's arms, I was the little spoon. I held his hands in mine and pulled his arms tighter around me. Reece made a cute little sleepy noise, the only time I've heard him do it is after he's had a good nights sleep. My heart warmed at the thought. After a few minutes, Reece stirred a little and buried his face into my neck, placing a soft kiss against my skin. I turned in Reece's arms. He looked at me with a smile on his face.

"Good morning, baby." Reece said, pecking my lips and brushing his thumb over the light blush on my cheeks.

"Good morning, my love." I smiled. "How'd you sleep?"

"I slept through the night! No nightmares or anything!" Reece replied, his eyes lighting up with excitement.

I hadn't seen him like this in too long.

"You don't know how happy that makes me." I said, pressing my lips against his again.

I went to pull away but Reece chased my lips with his, turning it into a light make out. I could tell even just in his kisses that things were different. A good different. Things were finally looking up for Reece. If only he had realised earlier that he didn't have to do this by himself. All we can do now is focusing on moving forward. Reece pulled away breathing heavily. His eyes were still closed and his forehead was leaning against mine. I lent forwards and bit his lip gently. When I let go, Reece smiled and opened his eyes.

"I love you." I said, feeling all the love I felt for him coursing through my veins. I had said it before, but I needed him to know how much I meant it.

"I love you more." Reece said, a cheeky grin on his face.

"Oh, don't you start this, Bibby." I warned, unable to keep the smile off my face.

Reece giggled. He leant forwards and kissed me once more before sitting up.

"I'm gonna go have a shower." Reece announced.

"Do you want me?" I asked.

"I'm happy to shower with you anytime, but I think I'll be okay by myself." Reece smiled.

"Let's try to keep it to a minimum while Lexi is here if you don't need me. I'll make you breakfast for when you're out." I offered.

"Sounds perfect." Reece said as he climbed over me and out of bed.

I climbed out too, pulling on my sweat pants and opening Reece's draw, stealing one of his t-shirts.

"Thief." Reece mumbled as he pulled sweatpants on.

"Says the one that's wearing my hoodie." I pointed out.