Endlessly

Chapter 75

A/N - Okay so I actually remembered it was Monday, but I've been really busy with preparations for Christmas tomorrow so I haven't had time until now. It's only half 5 so it's better than last week lol. My sisters not going to be happy with me though, I bought her a necklace and put it in four boxes to disguise it hehe. Also, updates may slow a little again but hopefully not. Anyway, I'll let you get to reading. 

Endlessly - The Cab
"And there's no guarantee that this will be easy, It's not a miracle you need, believe me, yeah I'm no angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessly, wings aren't what you need, you need me"

(George POV)

I felt the rise and fall of Reece's chest fasten and I immediately woke up, I knew what was happening. I quickly pulled he covers off him and started running my fingers through his hair.

"Hey baby, wake up." I said softly. "C'mon Reecey."

I continued to talk to him softly as I shook him gently, but enough to hopefully wake him. Reece stirred a little, but he didn't quite wake up. He started to mumble things in his sleep which is a bad sign. I shook him harder just as he jumped awake, only scaring him more. Reece screamed loudly and pushed me away from him with a fair bit of force before scampering back against the headboard. Reece had pushed me hard enough to make me fall over. I was on the edge of the bed so I felt myself going over, putting my arms back to break my fall and possibly my arms as well. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around my waist. Reece pulled me back up into a sitting position, looking extremely guilty.

"I'm so, so sorry, George! I'm sorry, I'm sorry-" Reece said in a panicked rush.

I quickly lent in and captured his lips with mine to stop him from apologising to me. I pulled away after a few short moments and put my hand on Reece's cheek.

"Don't apologise bub, you were scared and didn't know what was happening." I reassured.

Reece nodded softly and sank back slightly. It was clear Reece wasn't ready to sleep yet, the pain and fear was clear in his eyes. I pulled him back up to the top of the bed and leant against the headboard. Reece put his head on top of my shoulder and I put mine on top of his. Reece's eyes locked onto something in my room. I followed his line of vision and saw there was a pile of clothes stacked up on my desk chair, looking like a person standing in the corner of my room. I reached over and took Reece's hand in mine, he instantly intertwined our fingers and squeezed my hand tightly. I could feel his hand shaking slightly. I reached over and flicked my lamp on, illuminating my room in a low yellow light. Reece darted his eyes around the room, his breathing going out of pattern as he did. Then his eyes came to rest on the pile of clothes again. I started to get up, but Reece held onto my hand tighter, pulling me close again. I lent in and placed a reassuring kiss on his cheek before standing up and moving the pile of clothes to the floor, scattering them so they no longer resembled a person. I climbed back into bed with Reece and cuddled him in, feeling him relax against me. I pulled him into a laying position, turning the lamp off and running my hands through his hair comfortingly. We laid there in silence for a few minutes before I heard the quietest whisper leave Reece's mouth.

"I'm scared."

I pulled him in tighter against my chest before replying. "I know you are baby, I know. But we're safe, no one can hurt you here, I've got you bub." I whispered back.