Unsteady

Chapter 69

A/N - Helloooo! Hope you all enjoyed your week of pain and suffering :). I do feel a bit bad so I'm sorry about that. I wanted to update earlier but if I don't keep to a schedule I'll end up having to put it back on hold again and I don't wanna do that. This is a long chapter, so buckle up and enjoy the ride ;)

Unsteady - X Ambassadors
"If you love me, don't let go. Hold, hold on, hold onto me, 'cause I'm a little unsteady, a little unsteady"
(If you can, listen to this while reading)

***TRIGGER WARNING***

(George POV)

"I'm not your boyfriend."

My heart dropped. He can't mean this, can he?

"No." I said.

"No what?" He asked.

"We're not doing this, not like this." I stated.

"George you can't stop me from breaking up with you." Reece said, getting frustrated again.

"I can while you're in this mindset. If you still want to break up with me once you've calmed down, then I won't stop you." I said, the sadness clear in my voice.

"Just get out George."

"Haven't we been over this? I'm not leaving you like this." I said as I walked a little closer to him.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME." He yelled again.

I continued to walk towards him. I could see him getting closer to breaking down each second, it was breaking my heart.

"GEORGE STOP. PLEASE JUST STAY AWAY." He said as I got closer and closer. Tears were streaming down his face as he spoke.

He started to swing his arms around half heartedly. He wanted me to stay away, but he didn't want to hurt me. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into my chest. He continued trying to hit and push me away, but his arms were tucked in between him and I. After a little while he lost his energy and gave up, sinking into my chest. His legs gave out, making him collapse on me more as he cried even harder. I slowly lowered us down to the ground and pulled him even closer. After about ten minutes his crying turned to sobs.

"Please don't leave me." Reece whispered in between sobs, so quiet that I could barely hear it.

"I won't. Ever. I promise you baby, I'm not going to leave you." I whispered back, running my fingers through his hair.

After another almost twenty minutes, Reece went quiet, he had fallen asleep. I wish I could say this was the first time I had seen him cry himself to sleep.

I picked him up bridal style and carefully carried him over to his bed. I laid down with him and pulled him into my chest again. I looked down at his face, it was tear stained and blotchy red. All the hurt had left his face while he was sleeping.

How could I not have known how bad he was hurting? I'm his boyfriend, I'm supposed to know him better than anyone, yet I missed it. I missed all of it. I was too caught up in myself that I didn't even notice he was struggling. How selfish am I?