Life Of The Party

Chapter 60

A/N - Heyo guys! I've been waiting to upload this chapter for awhile so here you go!

Life Of The Party - Shawn Mendes
"Take your shot, it might be scary"

(George POV)

I walked into my house with a smile on my face. Today was perfect. It was everything I'd planned and more.

"Your date went well then?" Mum asked.

My smile only got bigger. "Yeah, it was amazing."

"Come sit down and tell me about it." She said.

"I'm buggered, talk to you in the morning?" I asked.

"Of course." Mum said with a smile. "Goodnight George."

"Goodnight mum."

I ran upstairs and changed into my pyjamas before flopping down on my bed. I felt my eyes starting to slip shut. That's when I realised I hadn't texted Reece. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and texted him.

Sweet dreams Reecey xxx

I put my phone down and instantly fell into a deep sleep.
__________________________

I woke up with a knot in my stomach. A knot of anxiety. Was I really going to tell my parents I'm gay? I wanted to more than anything, I knew I was ready, but I'm scared. I knew deep down that they'd accept me. But do I really?

I slowly got out of bed, but fast enough that I would still have time to talk before school. I threw on whatever clothes I found and headed downstairs. I saw my mum and froze up. My hands were shaky and my head was spinning. I can't do this. I can do it, I can do it for Reece, I can do it for myself.

"Morning, where's dad?" I asked in a shaky tone.

"He's in the study, why?" Mum replied.

"I- I wanted to tell you both something." I stuttered.

"I'll get him." Mum said as she walked out.

I went into the kitchen and sat down on a barstool at the bench. I picked up a mandarin as my parents walked into the room. I wasn't hungry but at least I could peel it instead of fiddling with my hands. I started slowly peeling it.

"What did you want to talk to us about?" Dad asked as he walked in with my mum. "Is it school? Are you failing your classes?"

"No- well I'm failing science but that's not what I wanted to talk to you about."

"You're failing science?"

"Tony let him speak." Mum snapped.

"I wanted to talk to you about something else." I started, but I couldn't bring myself to say it.

I had already peeled the mandarin so I had nothing to fiddle with other than my hands.

"And that something else is?.." Dad asked.

"Tony." Mum warned.