Momma Bear said no

The group returned to camp with their arms filled with provisions, much to the surprise of those that were sorting out dinner.

"Where did you guys get the money to buy all this stuff?" Katara asked, her mouth hanging open.

"Toph got us money," Aang said cheerily. "She scammed one of those guys in town who moves the shells around all sneaky-like."

"She used earthbending to win the game," Sokka said brightly. "Classic!"

"Ah," Katara said. "So she cheated."

"Like he wasn't also cheating," Mangetsu said.

"Exactly," Toph said, grinning at Mangetsu. "I only cheated because he was cheating. I cheated a cheater. What's wrong with that?"

"Cheaters never prosper," Jin said from near the fire. "Just because someone else is doing it is not a good reason to do it. Hate to sound like my mother right now, but if that guy was jumping into a pit of lava, would you do it too?"

"To be fair," Mogui grinned. "Muteki could bend the lava."

"True," the giant stroked his beard.

Jin glared.

He stopped. "But I still wouldn't do it."

Toph made a loud "ugh" noise and her equivalent of an eye roll. A blind eye roll.

"Jin's right," Katara said. "I don't think this is something we should make a habit of doing."

"Why?" Toph challenged. "Because it's fun, and you hate fun?"

"I don't hate fun!" Katara shot back indignantly. 

She grabbed Momo and drapped him on top of her head. 

"See? Fun."

Momo made an annoyed squawk and slid off her head.

"Not the point," Jin didn't rise to the bait the same way. "Just because it's fun doesn't make it right. Some seriously messed up people think murder is fun."

"Katara, Jin," Aang lifted his headband to reveal his arrow and bowed to the girls. "I'll personally make you an Avatar promise that we won't make a habit of doing these scams."

"..." Mogui quietly shuffled his feet, uncomfortable under Jin's stern glare that passed over each of them.

"I'm out," Mangetsu said, going to his meditation spot on the edge of the camp.

"Wuss," Toph muttered.

Jin sighed and turned back to her cooking with a disappointed shake of her head.

Katara had no idea.