Mangetsu and the Headmaster, part 2

So here I am, sitting opposite an enormous portrait of Fire Lord Ozai with a smug-looking Headmaster in front of me and a sour-looking Mangetsu between a now bearded Sokka and me.

Honestly, I thought Mogui would have been a better "dad" for Mangetsu, but Mangetsu barely tolerated me going, so Mogui would have been... unwise. To be honest, what was Aang thinking, suggesting that Sokka and Katara pretend to be the parents. Anyone with half a brain could see no resemblance between Mangetsu and them and all of the resemblance between them.

"Thank you for coming, Mr. and Mrs...."

"Hozuki," Sokka said proudly.

I'm so glad we discussed our cover story. Luckily Mangetsu already had the last name thing sorted. Sokka, on the other hand... was gonna go with Fire. I mean, the first names he chose aren't great, but they're better than Fire.

"Wang Hozuki. This is my wife, Sapphire," he pointed over to me, and I tried to do my best, mom smile.

"Sapphire Hozuki, nice to meet you."

"Mr and Mrs Hozuki, your son has been enrolled here for two days, and he's already causing problems," he seems to have bought it, though that eyebrow raise was concerning. "He's argued with his history teacher-"

"I questioned the accuracy of the so-called "history" that is being perpetrated within the homeland," Mangetsu cut in, totally disregarding the headmaster's authority.

"Mangetsu!" I snapped. "Do you remember that discussion we had about respecting authority?"

"Remember it, just don't care," Mangetsu answered.

The Headmaster's eyes narrowed at Mangetsu.

"As I was saying, he also disrupted music class-"

Mangetsu snorted, stifling a snicker.

"And roughed up my star pupil," the Headmaster finished through gritted teeth.

I sighed. "Yeah, that sounds about right for Mangetsu... I'm so sorry, sir. We don't know what might have happened. He used to be such a sweet boy!"

"I understand," the Headmaster said indulgently, as Mangetsu rolled his eyes. "Nonetheless, you're forewarned. If he acts up one more time, I'll have him sent to reform school..."

He leaned forward menacingly. "By which I mean the coal mines. Are we clear?"

I promise you, until the day I die, I will not forget the look on Mangetsu's face at this moment. As was customary for the squirt, he looked bored and somewhat smug, giving Sokka a dubious look as he spoke to the Headmaster.

"Don't you worry, Mr Headmaster," he said, his dad voice horribly overacted but working for him apparently. "I'll straighten this boy out somethin' fierce."

He turned to Mangetsu, and his face went from overacted confidence to loud anger.

"Young man, as soon as we get home, you're gonna get the punishment of a lifetime!"

The. Look. On. His. Face.

Priceless.

He looked horrified.

"That's what I like to hear," the Headmaster said, sounding borderline sadistic.

Creep.

We stood up, Mangetsu slightly slower than Sokka and I and left the office. Sokka swaggered out behind us. Clearly, the role of an overbearing father figure suits him too well.

Once out of earshot, or sight of anyone else, Mangetsu kicked Sokka in the shins.