In the Aftermath

"You can take off the moustache now, Sokka," I leaned back in Appa's saddle. "Nobody can see us now."

"Oh, no, I can't," he began stroking his beard. "It's permanently glued to my skin."

"I need to get me one of those," Mogui complained. "It looks so fluffy."

"It would look as good on you as an elephant's trunk on a squirrel," Muteki grinned.

"Has anyone tried pulling it off?" Mangetsu asked. "I'll volunteer!"

"No!" Sokka cupped his chin. "I like it!"

"Mangetsu, stop antagonising Sokka," I sighed, rubbing my temples. 

It was like dealing with toddlers.

"Sure thing, mother," Mangetsu rolled his eyes, though I could still see him eying the beard.

"DON'T SPEAK TO YOUR MOTHER THAT WAY, YOUNG MAN!"

Sokka needs not to be a method actor. I don't think he recognises the difference between real life and an act.

"Dude, drop that," Muteki sighed. "It's weird. The acting thing is done."

Before I had a chance to agree with Muteki, Mangetsu sniggered.

"You're just jealous you didn't get to be my dad."

"Squirt, I will annihilate you," Muteki warned.

"FIGHT ME!" Mangetsu roared.

"BOTH OF YOU, STOP!" I snapped. "The three of you are like children!"

"Yeah, you're all like children," Mogui threw in. "Meaning, I'm the dad now!"

Muteki decked Mogui for that, and Mangetsu looked genuinely horrified. Sokka pointed at the beard with a very pointed look of 'I'm the one with the beard' only for Mogui and Muteki to do the same towards their own facial hair.

"Way to go, Dancypants," Toph changed the subject. "I think you really did help those kids. You taught them to be free."

"Or just how to dance really badly," Mangetsu commented. 

Toph punched him for that.

"It was just a dance party," Aang shrugged.

"Well, that was some dance party, Aang." Katara leaned over and kissed the young airbender on the cheek.

I saw many things. Mogui and Muteki doing a tiny high five, Mangetsu gagging, and Sokka... Sitting cross-legged and slow clapping.

"Flamey-o, sir," he said, rocking back and forth slowly. "Flame-ee-o."

"Sokka?" I said slowly. "Are you... high right now?"

"WAIT!" We all turned to Mangetsu, whose eyes were literally sparkling with excitement.

"This means we don't have to go back to school, right?"

I actually laughed.

It just didn't seem like such a Mangetsu thing to be concerned about.