Fire and water don't mix well

While the younger kids went to fetch Aang after docking for supplies and repairs, Mogui, Muteki, and Jin hung around on the deck.

"Good to see you up for some air," Jin said, her tone guarded as she tried to gauge where Mogui stood emotionally.

"Yeah," he grumbled, kicking the railing.

"Dude, what'd the boat do to you?" Muteki questioned.

"Nothing, just..." Mogui sighed, leaning against the railing to face them.  "I felt completely useless back there.  I got tired too fast and just... couldn't do anything.  Again."

Jin sighed heavily, shaking her head.  "Start training again, and the exhaustion thing should take care of itself.  As for the other thing..."

"We've all got our shortcomings," Muteki finished.  "Not all firebenders can do the long-range thing."

"Yeah," Mogui said, not looking either of them in the eye.

There was a clang as the door opened, and Mangetsu appeared.

"You're looking less green," Muteki joked.

"Shut up," Mangetsu grumbled, his cheeks turning a faint pink as he ducked his head and tried to stalk past them.

"Then there's the waterbender who gets sick on water," Muteki joked, patting Mogui's shoulder in a good-natured way.  "Don't get so hung up on the things you couldn't do."

Mangetsu rolled his eyes at them.  He turned to go past them when Mogui spoke up, addressing the short waterbender.

"Wait, I've got questions," he said.  "There's way too much weird stuff about you.  Like, where did you get those burns, what's up with the hair, and-"

"Why don't you mind your own business, fireslinger?" Mangetsu snapped back.

Mogui blinked at the sudden venom the boy had spat.

"I think the answer to the first question is firebender," Jin said, looking over at Mogui.

"Really?  How did you come to that conclusion?" Mangetsu said, his voice thick with sarcasm.

"What crawled up your butt?" Mogui demanded.

"I want nothing to do with you or your kind, so stay the ever living hell away from me," his eyes narrowed as he jabbed a finger at Mogui.

"Hey, easy kid," Muteki warned.  "These guys are on our side.  They're not like other firebenders."

"Sure, I've never heard that one before," Mangetsu snarked.  "Look, you mind your own business, and I'll mind mine."

Tension was thick in the air until Toph appeared behind Mangetsu, wrapped her arm tightly around his, and pulled.

"Hey, Man, you done puking up your lunch?" she questioned, grinning hugely.

"Quit hanging on me," he grumbled, pulling his arm free.

"Come on, we're gonna find dinner," she said, punching his shoulder.

He grimaced but followed her while grumbling under his breath and rubbing his shoulder.

"Wait, when was that a thing?" Mogui demanded.

"Toph and Mangetsu get along well enough," Jin shrugged.  "Katara says he's an excellent student.  Listens to her and does exactly as she tells him."

"So, basically, he gets all the girls?" Mogui questioned.

"Not all," Muteki shrugged.  "Just the, uh, non-firebending ones."

Jin shrugged.  "I'm sure I'll live without the jailbait."

"Just make sure you're far from them when Mangetsu and Sokka get started," Jin added as the rest started to surface without Aang.  "Those two had a pun war the other day, and honestly, I was seriously considering throwing them both overboard if Katara hadn't dunked them in water first."

"Oh... oh no."