My Kind of Shopping!

A/N: I suspect this to be the longest chapter so far, so hopefully, this can tide you all over until the next upload xD Enjoy!

We ended up stopping by a restaurant in the small town near the crater for food. Sitting out in the sunshine, snacking, Aang looked around at the peaceful town, people going about their lives like they didn't almost get crushed by a falling space rock or cooked by the fire it started.

"These people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night," Aang commented.

"They sleep like the dead," I added. "That or earth-shaking tremors must be common in the area if no one noticed the impact tremor."

Toph stuffed a dumpling into her mouth, chewing it loudly. "Yeah. You know, the worst thing about being in disguise is we don't get the hero-worship anymore. I miss the love."

"Boo-hoo, poor heroes," Sokka commented sarcastically.

"What's your problem?" Katara questioned. "You haven't even touched your smoked sea slug."

She's right. Said sea slug was still steaming next to him, and not even a nibble had been made in the sluggy meal.

"It's just... all you guys can do this awesome bending stuff like putting out forest fires, and flying around, and making other stuff fly around. I can't fly around, ok?" Sokka said sadly.

"Same," Mangetsu added offhandedly, taking a sip from his tea.

"Well, I can't do anything," Sokka sighed.

"That's not true!" Katara said. "No one can read a map like you."

"I can't read at all," Toph said proudly.

"Jin can," Sokka said blandly.

"Landmarks, yeah, but I can't actually read the place names," Jin said. "I'm illiterate."

"Well, who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time? I mean, look at Katara's hair, right?" Aang grabbed a lock of Katara's hair and gestured towards it. "What's up with that?"

"What?" Katara grabbed her hair nervously, looking extremely embarrassed. "What's wrong with my hair?"

"Nothing, I was just trying to..." Aang said apologetically.

"Smooth, real smooth," Mangetsu said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

I snorted by accident. The timing was too perfect.

"See? Mangetsu can do that too!" Sokka said with another sigh. "He's basically more sarcastic than I am."

"Hate to agree, but the kid basically oozes sarcasm," Mogui said between gritted teeth.

That must have hurt.

"Gee, thanks," Mangetsu rolled his eyes so hard; he probably just had a really good look at his brain.

"Look, I appreciate the effort, but the fact is each of you is so amazing and so special, and I'm not," Sokka toyed with his fingers, staring down at them. "I'm just the guy in the group who's regular."

Katara went over to sit next to her brother. "I'm sorry you're feeling so down, but I hope you know, none of us sees you that way."

"They say a dropout will beat a genius through hard work," Mangetsu said, setting his now-empty teacup aside. "You'll find your thing, so chin up."

Katara smiled back at Mangetsu before a lightbulb look appeared in her eye. You know the one. The one where you can literally see someone come up with an idea. A real "Eureka!" moment.