Map Reading with the Gaang

"So," Katara started. "Where are we going to next?"

"I have no idea what any of this is," I shrugged at the map in front of us. "Hell, I don't even know where we are."

"We are here," Jin said, pointing to a specific red dot on the map.

"No," Katara disagreed. "We are starting from over here."

"No, it literally says, "We are here"," Mogui said, grinning.

"Except I saw you write that in," Jin sighed.

"I'm not sure I can trust the red dot," I raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"Just because I can't map like Sokka doesn't mean I'm less important than him."

It seems like Mog is in a better mood. He's mocking, so at the very least, he's distracted himself. I can work with that.

"This squiggle of coastline is the same bit we flew over yesterday," Jin pointed out to us.

"No," Aang pointed at the other end of Fire Nation territory. "We're over on this island."

"You noodle brains don't know what you're doing," Toph lay down. "I miss Sokka and Mangetsu."

"I resent that," I grinned at her. "The noodle brain bit, not the missing Sokka and Mangetsu."

"Oh, I got one!" Katara sounded excited. "If you miss him so much, why don't you marry him?"

Mogui placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Maybe you should leave the lame jokes to me," he sighed. "At least I get the delivery right. I mean, I was a Domino's driver."

"Dude," I grinned at him. "You can't even drive."

"My golf game was on point back in the day!"

"You think I'm crazy," I laughed. "Don't you?"

"Sometimes crazy is the best way to go," Jin smiled at me with a wink. "But seriously."

Jin turned back to the map. 

"See this cove?" She pointed to a swooping arc of beach on the map. "We flew over that about a week ago." 

She traced up a river from the coast. "Then we stopped at this river village," Jin then turned and traced north. "And these are the hills that the fire was in, which means..." she slammed a finger down on the map. "We are in this village here."

"It's nice to know where I stand with the galaxy," I looked at her. "But where do I stand with you?"

"About a meter away," Jin didn't even look up from the map. "Maybe 1.2 meters... sir."

"Ew," Mogui grinned. "Get a room, you two."