For love of Honour, or love of life?

Iroh found himself facing his cell wall, yet again, as his wayward nephew knelt behind him. There was a soft rustling noise and the sound of something sliding through his bars.

"I brought you some komodo-chicken," Zuko said softly. "I know you don't care for it, but I figure it beats prison food."

He remained still, though the small kindness still touched him.

"I admit it," Zuko continued slowly. "I have everything I always wanted, but it's not at all how I thought it would be. The truth is, I need your advice."

Iroh heard Zuko clench the bars as the young man leaned forward with an almost desperate growl in his voice.

"I think the Avatar is still alive," he growled. "I know he's out there, and if he is out there, then Amaya is still alive too. But if that's true, then I'll be shamed, and my honour will be stripped from me all over again. I'm losing my mind." Zuko's voice turned desperate. "Please, Uncle, I'm so confused! I need your help."

Iroh remained motionless, his heart breaking all over again. When there was nothing from the old man, the boy stood, enraged.

"Forget it! I'll solve this myself! Waste away in here for all I care!"

He walked to the door and opened it, a pause suggesting to Iroh that Zuko had turned back for just a moment, and then quickly slammed the door. A single tear rolled down the old man's cheek.

"Once more, I turn to you, dear Amaya," he whispered. "Please help Zuko."

As a warm feeling blossomed in his chest, a small smile touched his lips, even as his tears continued to fall. He looked out his window to the moon looking in.

"You always had a special way of making him listen."