Now we prepare

A/N: Morning, My Marvelous Mortals! Amaya and I send our love. Don't forget to share, vote and comment. Are we all still ignoring Amaya's death?

I slipped the face mask into its slot in the helmet. You can't be too careful, and all that. Jin tucked her hair into her armour and did the same as we flanked Hakoda and Bato.

Then the gangplank dropped into place. It took all my effort not to set off a fireball in my hand. These two pompous pricks just strolled onto our ship like they didn't just murder my best friend. Hakoda and Bato bowed. Jin and I stood guard.

"An armed escort for mere commander?" Prick numero uno asked. "Hardly seems necessary."

"Yes," Hakoda agreed. "But we have heard of some ships being attacked and captured. Can never be too careful."

"Especially with the sensitive cargo we have," Bato added. "Orders for it to be delivered undisturbed to the Capital."

"So you're not from the Western Fleet?" Officer Uno asked. "All Western Fleet ships are to be headed towards Ba Sing Se."

"We are from the Eastern Fleet," Hakoda smiled.

"Damn Admiral Chan," the officer looked frustrated. "He could have at least sent a hawk ahead."

"I'm sure Admiral Chan meant no disrespect, Sir," Bato bowed again.

"Next time, we will send two hawks," Hakoda bowed too. "Just to be sure you get the message."

The officer bowed back, but the soldier seemed suspicious.

Just as they were walking across the gangplank, Toph had to blow her cover. Though, I'm not sure she was the one who let them on that we weren't who we said we were.

"They know!" She yelled.

I sent a blast of fire just over their heads as Toph grabbed the deck. A fissure ran to the gangplank, twisting it dangerously and sending the three armoured goons to the depths.

Katara and Mangetsu ran out of their hiding place next. They took position next to the other ship and pushed. A huge wave surged between us, knocking the other ship dangerously close to tipping over. Then our engines kicked in, and we shot off.