Meet the New Kid

A/N: hey guys! We hope you like this. It took us a while to decide on Mangetsu's character. But he seems to do the trick.
Vote, Comment and Share! Looking forward to hearing from all yous guys. Happy New Year, Homies!
SashaL - Out!

Katara was guiding the wobbly Avatar back below deck when the two of them bumped into a scrawny boy with short messy hair that showed signs of being a similar colour to Mogui's. While he was wearing the Fire Nation uniform, it looked a few sizes too big and made him look smaller than he already was.

"Katara," his voice had a slightly husky tone to it.

"Oh, good timing!" Katara smiled at the boy. "Aang, this is Mangetsu. Mangetsu, this is Aang."

"Hi," he said softly.

"Hi," Aang responded with forced cheer, though he was in significant pain.

"Mangetsu, can you help me with Aang's healing session? Consider it another lesson."

The boy nodded and assisted Katara in guiding the boy into his room.

Once Aang was seated, Katara took up a position behind him, and Mangetsu knelt nearby. Bowls of water were set beside Katara, and she bent the water to her hands and brought it to Aang's back to begin healing, explaining some of the details to Mangetsu, who watched silently.

"Ok, Aang, tell me where the pain feels the most intense," she said gently, moving her hands over his back.

Aang squeezed his eyes shut as a groan of pain escaped him.

"A little higher..."

He gasped suddenly, indicating that Katara had found the right spot.

"Wow, you are definitely in the right area there," he said.

"I can feel a lot of energy twisted up around there," Katara said as she started to move her hands away. "Let me see if I can..."

As she pulled the water away from him, Aang's back arched painfully as a cry escaped him. Mangetsu jumped to his feet as Aang's eyes flashed with light briefly.

He only relaxed when the Avatar twisted around with wide eyes filled with surprise and wonder.

"I went down!" he cried. "I didn't just get hurt, did I? It was worse than that. I was gone. But you brought me back..."

"I just used the spirit water from the North Pole," Katara said. 

She glanced away sadly. "I don't know what I did, exactly..."

"You saved me," he said softly.

"I wish I could've saved Amaya too," Katara said softly.

"Stop that."

Aang and Katara turned to Mangetsu with surprise.

"Stop focusing on what you couldn't do," he said. 

He got up to leave. "He needs rest."

As he walked away, Aang turned to Katara.

"What happened to Amaya? Is Mogui ok?"

Katara closed her eyes as a tear fell from her cheek. 

"She... she died, Aang. After you went down, she attacked Azula and Zuko, but she couldn't avoid the lightning strike Azula sent at her. She... Mogui hasn't come out of his room much since. He hasn't even been eating. I'm worried, Aang."

"I want to see him."