Dance party Shenanigans

Aang was flipping out. Or better yet, he was flipping awesome. He landed in front of On Ji, who looked away, slightly bashfully. Her friend jiggled her shoulder as Aang extended a hand to the girl. She blushed profusely as he lead her to the dance floor. People actually joined in as the airbender showed her how they do it in Ba Sing Se's Ballrooms.

"Wow," Sokka grinned. "They look pretty good together."

"If that's what you like," Katara tried to look aloof.

"I don't reckon they look good," Muteki narrowed his eyes at the pair. "She obviously has no clue what she's doing."

"And you do?" Mangetsu retorted, sitting cross-legged with his chin resting on his palm.

"I'd say I have more of an idea than you," he retorted back.

"Obviously," the boy said. "I have three left feet!"

"Wanna get down?!" Mogui asked.

"I'll dance if Getsu dances!" the giant grinned.

"I think not," he wrinkled his nose at the much taller guy. "I refuse to embarrass myself for no good reason."

"It's not a GOOD reason," Mogui grinned. "It's a great reason! Mut is an amazing dancer."

"Then knock yourself out," Mangetsu retorted. "I refuse."

"Me, Tarz-tosterone; You, Estro-Jane," Muteki patted Mangetsu on the back.

"Come on, express yourself!" Mogui's grin grew larger.

"I think he expresses himself plenty," Jin rolled her eyes.

"Thank you, other fire spitter."

"See?" Jin waved her hand towards Mangetsu, who was grinning smugly.

"Please?" Mogui grinned, gesturing to Muteki.

"Just let it go," the crimson giant patted the blond boy on the back.

"But but but," Mogui floundered.

"The cold never bothered me anyway," Jin piped up.

"The heck you on about?" Mangetsu asked.

"Huh?" Katara asked, finally joining the conversation.

"Just trying to convince Man to get up and dance," Mogui shrugged.

"Great Idea!" she said enthusiastically, grabbing the poor boy's hand.

She dragged him to the middle of the dance floor and then stood there awkwardly.

"Do you dance?" the boy asked.

"Well," she stammered. "Not really..."

"Then I'm out of here, see ya."

"Wait!"

"I'll dance with you," a wild Aang appeared.

"I don't know, Aang," she tried to back out of it. "These shoes aren't really right for dancing, and I'm not sure that I know how to..."

"You were all for it like... ten seconds ago," Mangetsu rolled his eyes, then turned and walked away.

"Take my hand," Aang commanded masterfully.

"He can show you the world," Mogui sang. "Ow!"

Muteki hit him.

Mangetsu watched from the cave mouth as Aang and Katara had their dance. They looked like professionals. Muteki was doing something with his feet that shuffled himself side to side. Mangetsu left the cave and leaned against its mouth, running his hand through his hair with a heavy, tired sigh.

"It is a dancing party," Mangetsu heard an adult's voice from the darkness. "You did the right thing by telling me, Hide." The headmaster stepped from the darkness, trailed by two officers and Hide.

"Anytime, Headmaster, sir," the boy bowed.

Mangetsu shrunk back into the cave to avoid being seen.

Mangetsu backed into a kid, knocking him over.

"Oh, Ow!" the kid cried out. "Hey!"

"Sorry," the clutz helped the kid up.

"All good," the boy replied. "This is incredible. It's like my inhibitions just disappeared."

The headmaster burst in.

"Okay," the kid sucked his neck into his collar. "They're...back again."

"Gotta run!" Mangetsu said, darting into the crowd.

"He's the one we want!" the headmaster shouted, pointing at the blond. "Him and his friend with the headband!"

The officers weaved through the crowd towards them both, and Aang followed Mangetsu's example.

"Got ya!" an officer grabbed a kid with a headband by the shoulder and turned him around. Except, it wasn't Aang. It was Shoji who has tied his belt around his head in imitation of Aang.

"Looking for me?" the kid asked.

"That's not the one!" the headmaster shouted at his goons. "They're here somewhere. Don't let them leave the cave!"

The officers darted through the crowd, the Headmaster joining them. Headbands were multiplying everywhere. The officers would snag a kid one by one, only to discover one wide-eyed innocent face after another. None of them was Aang, and the blond was nowhere to be seen.

The officers, disoriented, backed into a small knot in the middle of the cave as the students encircled them. Every single student had morphed into replicas of Aang. Mangetsu would have been a lot harder to pull off without some serious forethought and hair dye.

The Gaang ended up escaping down the tunnel Appa had disappeared into earlier. Aang, last out, stopped and turned back for a moment. Shoji, at the edge of the crowd, turned and winked at him. Aang bowed Fire Nation style and ran down the tunnel. Two walls of rock abruptly slammed across the tunnel's entrance, sealing it off. Shoji gaped at the discovery of his new friend being a despised earthbender. Meanwhile, the Headmaster was telling off the officers for dancing.