No, you can't tell people you're not dead

A/N: Hey guys... so it looks like we goofed and posted a chapter out of sequence... It should have been a Zuko chapter out last Thursday... sorry, guys. We do love you all, really.
Vote share, and comment. We love to hear what you think ;)
SashaL - Out!

"The world thinks I'm dead!?" Aang yelled.  "How is that good news? That's terrible!"

"Aang, calm down," Jin sighed heavily.

"No, it's great," Sokka insisted.  "It means the Fire Nation won't be hunting us anymore, and even better, they won't expect you on the Day of Black Sun."

Aang shook his head, muttering a series of no's while Mangetsu looked back and forth between him and his friends.

"You have no idea!" Aang held his head, still shaking it vigorously.  "This is so messed up!"

"Think about it," Muteki spoke up.  "Up until now, you've had the Fire Nation hot on your tail, no matter where you went.  This way, we don't have to look over our shoulder as much."

"Still need to stay on guard," Mangetsu said softly.

The horn of another ship blared in the distance.  Everyone looked over as a large ship began to approach.

"I'll handle this," Aang said resolutely.  "The Avatar is back!"

He grabbed his glider and prepared to take off when Mogui grabbed his wrist.  

"Aang, stop it."

"Remember," Katara said more gently.  "They don't know we're not Fire Nation."

"Besides," Mangetsu said, casually making his way to the steps to go below deck.  "You can barely walk on your own. How are you supposed to fight off a whole ship?"

"Mangetsu!" Jin said, frowning at him.

"It's true," he threw back, ignoring them as he settled on a step out of view.

"What's his problem?" Mogui asked.

Jin shook her head, and everyone hurried to hide or get in position to bluff with the troops coming aboard.  Jin and Mogui pulled helmets on and flanked Hakoda and Bato, who had also put on their helmets.

Mangetsu crouched with Katara, Aang, Muteki, Toph, and Sokka, as they waited to see what would happen next.

"I hate not being able to do anything," Aang whispered.

"Hopefully, you won't need to," Toph responded.