The Fire Nation Propaganda

It had been so long since he had servants doting on him. Zuko actually found it irritating. He'd been fawned over by a group of girls who talked of nothing of any importance. Who would have guessed he would miss his uncle's words of wisdom that had bugged him just a couple of weeks ago. He missed Amaya's strange attempts at humour. He even missed her teasing.

"Ow!" he snapped.

"Sorry, Prince Zuko," a nameless attendant apologised as she adjusted his topknot. "But your hair is very short."

"It will have to do," said a second attendant who straightened Zuko's robes. "Your people await you, Prince Zuko."

The prince was led from his chambers to a tower. It overlooked a grand courtyard full of people. He was held back as two old women made introductions. Zuko racked his brain for their names, then gave up as they introduced his sister.

Azula was grinning as she heard her story recounted. The old women spent a good five minutes describing her Earth Kingdom Coup in very red light. It made the Fire Nation out to be some all-powerful war machine. They didn't even mention that her 'Agents' were Earth Kingdom Traitors.

The girl stepped into the open, suppressing her grin to a regal smile. The crowd below cheered, and she revelled in the ecstasy of the moment. Azula loved the attention as much as she thought the crowds loved her.

Then Li and Lo were talking about Zuko. 

Three long years. That's how long it had been. Three years, and here he was, wishing he could share this with Amaya. Maybe it might have turned out differently if he could have gotten to her- but no. She is safe with her friends. She has to be.