Drop Top, Shortstop

The entire village was lost... But only the buildings. The people were rescued. But what about Roku?

Aang sat with his back to us, facing the ocean. The water looked like an ocean of lava, alive and aglow in the orange and gold sunset. He had chosen the crest of a lava wave to make his perch and took a meditative pose. Mangetsu imitated him nearby. All except the glowing tattoos. That was freaky. I hated seeing him like that. It reminded me of when General Fong tried to force him into the avatar state. I hated almost losing my Ohana over that.

So I turned and walked up the mountain. Cliffs of lava had set into perfect places to work on some of my strength training.

"Hey, Muteki!" I called.

"What?" he asked back.

"Wanna go rock climbing?"

"No!" He shouted back as I ran off.

"You know he's scared of heights," Jin called after me.

"It's less the heights and more the edge that worry me," Muteki smiled, offering an arm to Jin as they followed me at a slower pace.

"I'm more scared of the fall," Jin sighed, taking the crook of his arm.

"But it's not the fall that will kill ya," I grinned down from a short ledge. I jumped, landing like Ironman in front of them. "It's the sudden stop at the bottom."

They both shook their heads at me. I still thought I looked awesome.