The Universe

A flaming rock shot towards the ship, missing by mere inches as it hit the water.  Another was fired and actually dinged our ship. While we tried to regain our balance, Muteki and Toph took up bending positions.

"Load the Toph!" Toph yelled.  

Pipsqueak dropped a stone disk in front of Toph.

"Me next!" Muteki added.  

Pipsqueak alternated between them, dropping the ammo as Toph and Muteki launched those stone disks back at the enemy ship.  Toph's shot hit an enemy trebuchet.

"Nice shot!" I cried out.  

I felt a little useless.  We were too far for Mogui or me to be much use, even though that didn't stop Mogui from throwing fire as far as he could. I had already informed him it was a waste of time, but he didn't listen. Muteki's shot collided midair with another one fired from the Fire Nation ship, causing an explosion.

Another shot landed in front of the ship, and I lost my balance again.  I stumbled and fell to my knees, crying out in surprise.

"You alright there, Jin?" Muteki called back, sweat glistening on his brow as he fired another shot.

"Yeah, just peachy!" I retorted.  "Too bad we can't set these things on fire and give them a taste of their own medicine!"

Something crossed over Muteki's face.  "I'm gonna try a thing!"

"What thing!?"

He prepared to launch another stone disk, his face looking slightly constipated.  He pushed his hands forward, and the disc shot through the air.

Wait... is that thing?

IT JUST TURNED INTO A BALL OF LAVA WHAT THE HECK?

Said ball of lava fell short but still managed to put a little distance between them and us.

"Ok, the thing did not work," Muteki grunted.  "That was exhausting."

Suddenly the ship jerked.

"What was that?" I called.

"We've been hit!" Mangetsu called back.  "We gotta patch the leak, or we're going down!"

Katara stepped up to the breach, put her hands up, then pushed her palms down with a strong exhale.  Freezing mist passed from her lips and descended to the hole.  

When she was done, she turned to Mangetsu.

"I'm gonna give us some cover!" she said.  "If you help me, we should be able to extend our range!"

"Understood," Mangetsu answered with a serious nod.  

He mimicked Katara's movements as steam shot up around the ship and spread out.

Another ball of fire appeared, but this time there was only steam all around.

"You guys realise they have cover now, too, right?" I called out to them.

Muteki quickly kicked up one of the discs, which collided with the burning rock just above them.

Mogui covered me from the falling shrapnel of broken - and some of it still on fire - rock. Another explosion followed, and we were left sputtering as smoke wafted over us.

"If we turn," Mogui sputtered. "They won't know where we are."

"It would be like playing Battleships," I smiled at him. 

Then I gave him a shove. "Thanks for the cover, but get off."

"D three," Mogui shouted as he rolled off.

Muteki turned slightly and launched. The boulder soared into the mist, and we were greeted with a metallic clang.

"Hit!" the boys shouted.

"Hey, Guys!" I shouted as another fireball burst from the mist.

It landed right where Muteki had been standing seconds ago.

"Jin!" Mogui shouted. "Freeze the water!"

"What?"

"Cold Fire," he shouted. "They won't be able to turn in time!"

"They'll crash straight into it," Muteki grinned.

"I'm a firebender!"

"But, cold fire!" Mogui was maniacal now.

"Stop bickering and do something useful!" Mangetsu snapped as he lifted his arms, the sleeves falling back to reveal that one of his arms was covered in burn scars.  

The water rose up in a mountain, and I realised what Mogui had in mind.

"One blast of frosty fire, coming up!" I said, throwing forward my fist as fire shot past Mangetsu and collided with the water.  

It exploded outwards, creating a devastating pillar of sharp and twisted ice.  Think Pitch vs Jack Frost, but without the black sand and just ice.

Not a second too soon, we burst from the fog as my giant icicle of death finished forming.  The enemy ship had no time to avoid it, and a horrible screeching noise met our ears as ice tore through metal.

"It's like the Titanic all over again," Muteki commented.

"Except they're not stopping," I said.  "The damage is superficial. That ice wasn't thick enough."

"Ah man, can things get any worse?" Sokka yelled over the chaos.

An enormous serpent suddenly burst from the water, screeching as it towered over us.

"The Universe just loves proving me wrong, doesn't it?" Sokka complained.

"You make it so easy!" Toph yelled.

"SOKKA, STOP PROVOKING THE UNIVERSE!" Mangetsu yelled, gripping the railing as the ship rocked violently in the water.

A sudden fireball from the other ship smacked the big serpent in the face, and like something out of a horror, it turned to face them with an angry hiss.

"Brace yourselves!" Muteki yelled as it dove under the water, sending another wave through the water.

"I'm gonna be sick," Mangetsu groaned from his spot by the railing.

The serpent appeared near the floundering enemy ship and wrapped itself tightly around the metal monster, crushing it.

"Thank you, The Universe!" Sokka cried out cheerfully as we made our escape.