Making a Massive Profit

"Absolutely not!" Feng Jin Yuan immediately lost his temper, "After this much discussion, you've actually set your eyes on the Feng manor? Have you ever thought of how many people are living there? If you take the Feng manor, what will happen to them? Your grandmother dotes on you so much, so why do you never think a bit about her?"

Feng Yu Heng looked at the irritated father, whose neck had turned red in anger. She asked him with extreme confusion: "So father had no intention of paying back that one million?"

"How could I not repay it? When have I said I will not repay it?"

"Since you will repay the money, what are you worried about the Feng manor for? When the time comes and father has repaid the money, I will return the deed. This is a clear matter, what is there to dispute?"

"This..." Feng Jin Yuan was rendered speechless. Thinking more carefully, this logic was sound. But no matter what was said, using the Feng manor as collateral was not something he could accept. "Change the condition. The deed really can not be used."

Feng Yu Heng lightly sighed and said: "It seems father does not have the ability to repay the money, otherwise there would not be this much of a dispute. Grandmother dotes on A-Heng so much, so how could A-Heng leave her without a residence to live in? But I do worry about what if there comes a day when his Highness the ninth prince comes to ask. I will need to give him an explanation."

Feng Jin Yuan stopped talking and looked in the direction of the Feng manor. He then began to ponder.

One million was not a small amount. Although the Chen family had previously given much larger amounts of money, Feng Yu Heng could not be compared to the Chen family. The Chen family was a merchant family, so they were originally wealthy. As for Feng Yu Heng's money, it was as she said. It all came from the Yu Palace, so she would indeed find it hard to give an explanation. Moreover, if the situation reached such a point, he could not say that he had borrowed one million taels to give to the third prince, right?

Thinking like this, he became resolute and nodded, saying: "Alright, father agrees with you, but you must promise that you will return the deed on the day that the money is repaid."

"It's settled then!" Feng Yu Heng said with a smiling face, "If father does not feel at ease, you can bring the agreement to the government to have it certified."

"No need." Feng Jin Yuan waved his hand then turned and returned to the room, "Father will write up the agreement for you. The deed is in Pine courtyard. In a moment, father will return to bring it over, and you can give the bank notes to me."

"Naturally." Feng Yu Heng looked at the agreement written by Feng Jin Yuan then applied her fingerprint. Only then did she nod, "Then daughter will wait for father to bring back the deed."

Feng Jin Yuan did not say anything else, but he did safely store the agreement. Bringing along his personal servant, he quickly departed.

Seeing the two walk further away, Wang Chuan finally praised in admiration: "This servant really is amazed by young miss. The one million taels being used to deal with the disaster came from Feng Chen Yu. Now, another one million taels has been lent to Prime minister Feng, and it still came from Feng Chen Yu. That having been said, young miss, not only have you not spent a single cent, you've profited?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "Correct, I have profited."

"Then what does young miss want this much money for?" Wang Chuan was confused. Tong Sheng pavilion did not lack money. The Yu Palace lacked money even less?

Feng Yu Heng helplessly gave a wry smile, "Because the Emperor conferred me a piece of land, I inquired seventh brother about it, but Ji An county is extremely poor. Unless I have no intention of ever paying any attention to that piece of land, I can only use a large amount of money to handle the problems." As she spoke, she recalled something, "About the mine given by his Highness the third prince, we will need to arrange for people to go take a look. I don't know anything about those matters. When Xuan Tian Ming returns, remember to remind me to talk about it with him. Have him send people to manage it."