c h a p t e r 25 | i love you

C H A P T E R  25 | I LOVE YOU

My eyes adjust to the bright lights above me and I'm woken up by a throbbing pain in my stomach. "I hate hospitals." I say.

Hazes eyes light up. "You've been out for a few days." I stare down at his hand that's gripping mine. "You promised me you wouldn't do anything stupid Elaina."

I chuckle resting my head back. "I ran in front of a bullet to save you that was the least stupidest thing I could have possibly done." My smile disappears for a moment. "Where's Lyla?"

Haze turns away for a moment. "She ugh, she didn't make it."

I swallow down the lump in my throat. "What about Victor?"

"Vince shot him. Apparently he was there waiting to pull the trigger. I'm sorry Elaina." Haze looks disappointed, it's not his fault everyone around me seems to get hurts or worse.

I shook my head. "No I'm not going to be sad anymore. Bad things happen in life and we can't change it we can only learn. Now get me out of this hospital."

The funeral was beautiful. Even if I had cried the whole time they weren't really sad tears. I had a sister for the first time in my life and maybe it was the possibility of having a family that terrified me, but I did have a family. After all this time I finally felt free like I had a purpose and I could actually start school and be happy without any worries.

So I did.

"Last box." I said dropping it on the floor. "Now all we have to do is unpack everything."

"I have something else in mind." Haze smiles pulling me into his chest. I look up smiling at him with my arms snaking around his neck. Haze leans in and I feel the pressure of his soft lips against mine. I don't think I could ever get over that feeling inside me whenever he kisses me.

Are lips move together and I gently bite his bottom lip and pull away to see him smiling at me. "We have to unpack." I whisper to him.

"Ugh." Haze groans. "Why do you have to tease me like that?"

I turn around smiling before the door bursts open. Quinn and Aspen walk right in and quickly make theirselves at home. Haze and I managed to get and affordable apartment just down the street from Denton College. It's small but it'll do. I decided to leave behind my gang, I know if we eventually wanted to start a family I wouldn't want any of my kids being brought up in such an environment.

So Vince took over, as much as he was terrified of the thought I knew he would protect the gang and it was in good hands besides he had Will. As for Val, she ran away and hopefully never returns. Sofia also got her child back.

Hazie also joined us in the new apartment and loves his new cozy little bed. Quinn and Apsen are now happier than ever. Jaime went back to UCLA and so that leaves us here, present day.

"So what do we have planned for today?" Quinn asks us.

I furrow my eyebrows. "We're busy."

"Busy? But we're all back in college and you're no longer hiding from some psychopath." Quinn rolls his eyes. "Let's all go out."

"We're staying in tonight." Haze says wrapping his arm around my neck and kisses the top of my head.

I shrug at them.

"I told you, they need their alone time." Aspen sighs playfully hitting Quinn's chest. "Let's leave them alone."

"Thanks Aspen." I said to her and she simply smiles and winks on her way out before closing the door behind her.

"We're okay right?" I ask Haze. "I mean this is right isn't it?"

"Moving in together? College? Us?" He says.

I look down but he puts my chin up to look at him again. "Everything." I mutter.

Haze brushes the hair away from my face gently tracing his thumb across my cheek. "I've never known what it felt like to feel, safe." I admit. "I've always been hiding."

"You don't have to hide anymore." Haze says. "Not with me."

There goes that grin I can't seem to wipe away. "Ugh, I love you." I say wrapping my arms around him.

Haze holds me tighter. "I love you too cupcake."

So maybe the universe just works in very mysterious ways. It puts you into various situations just to prove how strong you really are. Although I lost so many people close to my heart it did make me stronger. It made me believe their was a reason to keep on going.

Haze was my home now.

The only home I needed.

Authors Note

Thee end.

I know it's a pretty short chapter. If you liked it make sure to vote and comment what you think! I also wanted to thank everyone of you for your thoughts and choosing to read my book.