c h a p t e r 07 | hazen grey walker

C H A P T E R  7 | HAZEN GREY WALKER

"Haze! Wake up! Mommy's making breakfast!" I hear my little sister shouting. This was the normal routine almost every morning.

But I was currently to hungover to move out of bed. "Haze!" Lucy calls out once again jumping on top of me. I open my tired eyes to see her with a huge grin on her face holding her favorite teddy bear.

"Okay." I sighed. "I'll be down in a minute."

"Yay and then we can go to the park! And eat ice cream! And play!" She laughs. Oh boi this kid was to hyper for me.

I ruffle her hair and sit up from the bed. Two painkillers should take away this headache. I start getting ready for the day and slip on a white tee and grey sweats. Once I began heading downstairs I could already smell the bacon and eggs cooking in the kitchen.

"Hungover I see?" My mother gloated. "Don't think I didn't see you sneaking out with your friends last night."

"We just went to a little party—it was lame anyway." I said grabbing a glass of orange juice. I take a sip but instantly regret it because I had just brushed my teeth.

"Well for a little party you came home pretty late."

"I had to drop off some people." I tell her.

"The same person who was in your bedroom yesterday?"

I clear my throat remembering Elaina sneaking into my room. "Just some people mom."

"Mhmm." She shakes her head. "Well I have to admit she was a lot politer than most girls you bring around."

"She's knew in town." I said.

"Well what's this girls name?"

"Elaina Wilde."

I look at my mom who suddenly stops what she's doing—it almost looks like she's seen a ghost.

"Mom?"

"E-Elaina Wilde?"

I slowly nodded my head. "Do you know her?"

"No." She chuckles. "Just sounded a bit familiar."

That was weird. For a minute it seemed like my mother knew something about her. My parents always did like to keep secrets from us. Lucy's to young to know about some things but I'll be eighteen soon.

Before I was even born my parents were apart of some gang called The Night Walkers. My father was born into it and took his fathers place becoming the strongest gang leader in all of California. They did a lot of bad things, killed, smuggled drugs, tortured people. They also protected each other making sure no one was forgotten or left behind.