c h a p t e r 24 | to save him

The sun was peeking through the curtains cascading across the bed sheets. I sat up looking over to see Haze fast asleep beside me. I leaned down and put a kiss on his cheek before I hopped out of bed and went straight into the shower.

Once I finished I got dressed to be greeted by Haze who didn't say much this morning. Instead he ignored me and went into the bathroom. I didn't think about to much I mean Sofia's been lying to him for the past week claiming he's had a child.

"How are you feeling this morning?" Vince asks me as I bite into a strawberry.

"I'm fine, great actually where's Lyla?" I said.

"I don't think she's in the mood to speak to anyone." He says.

I chuckle. "What are you talking about? She can't honestly still be shaken up about yesterday?"

Vince shrugs. "What do you expect Elaina?"

"I expect her to realize the kinda world she'll be living in if she stays here." I growl.

"I know."

We both look over to see her leaning against a wall. "I know, that's why I'm staying."

"Maybe you should just go." I say.

"Elaina." Vince cuts in.

"No really we don't need anymore collateral damage anyway."

Lyla frowns at me and turns her heel before bumping into Haze who appears behind her.

"What's going on?" He asks.

"Oh you know family bonding and all."

Lyla storms out of the room and I can hear nothing but her footsteps walking upstairs.

"I'm going to the south today, I've decided that it's my choice to finally kill Victor and take back my position." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"What's wrong with you?" Vince shouts.

"Your staying here Elaina we already talking about this." Haze explains.

I step closer to him and grab his hand. "You would do it for me wouldn't you?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"We'll go with you." Haze sighs.

Was today actually the day I'd finally kill the man who's made my life a living hell? The man who took everything from me? If only it were that easy.

"Lylas missing." Vince barges into are room looking frantic.

"How is she missing?" I said.

"Well your bike isn't out there." He answers.

"What?" I said turning around to look for my keys and of course they weren't anywhere to be found.

"Where could she have gone?" I said.

"Call Bobby."

I put the phone against my ear and wait as it rings. "Bobby?"

"Elaina."