c h a p t e r 22 | i was falling

C H A P T E R  22 | I WAS FALLING

C H A P T E R 22 | I WAS FALLING

"Elaina get up." I heard my dad say nudging me in the process. "Elaina."

I opened my eyes. I was asleep on the couch, I was just moments before, talking to Haze on. We both must have passed out from exhaustion.

"I'm up." I sighed.

"Go to your room."

I looked over to see Haze just waking up as well beside me.

"You mean my room." He says.

"Don't be smart with me Haze."

I get that they had differences but why couldn't my dad just be nice for once and Haze be less like Haze? I also knew my dad was waking me up because I was sleeping on the same couch as him, oh dear I might lose my virginity! Eye roll.

"How was the dress shopping?"

"We managed." Haze tells his mother.

"Great, thank you guys."

"Can I ask why you two decided to go to dinner?" Haze says standing up he was way taller than any of us in the room.

"Why should that concern you?" She laughs. "We were hungry dear."

"We're adults." My dad adds.

"Was I talking to you?" Haze snaps at him.

"I'll put you in your place boy."

"Do it old man."

"Can you both stop fighting." I said running up between them. They both had very violent expression and were ready to kill each other, literally.

"Grow up already Haze." He sneers stepping closer that I'm now really between them.

"Both of you stop and listen to Elaina." Kathy scolds before marching upstairs. They had a stare down until they both stepped back and just as my dad was about to walk away Haze just had to open his mouth.

"You wanna know something Mr Wilde?" Haze laughs.

"Haze what are you doing?" I whisper yelled.

"What Elaina? I'm just telling him about that great kiss we exchanged."

My dad instantly turns around and I've never seen him as fast as he was in that moment pushing Haze against a wall with all his strength. I could still see that smirk on his face as he looked over his shoulder at me.

"You better be lying kid!"

"Just ask Elaina."