c h a p t e r 23 | against the wall

C H A P T E R  23 | AGAINST THE WALL

C H A P T E R 23 | AGAINST THE WALL

"Help zip me up?" I ask Haze, he walks towards me and pulls on the zipper until it closes. "Thanks." I smile when I feel his lips gently press against my neck.

"Your tense." He teases wrapping one of his arms around my waist I twist around to face him putting my hands against his chest.

"Your not finished getting ready." I say fixing his bow tie. "Perfect."

I fix my dress in the mirror it's red and luckily I picked it up on my shopping spree with Lyla yesterday. I grab the blonde wig from my shelf and put it on. I couldn't have anyone from my gang recognizing me they'd thing I was a trader.

Haze and I head downstairs where we wait for the rest of the household to finish getting ready

Haze and I head downstairs where we wait for the rest of the household to finish getting ready. I'm not sure how I feel about Lyla going with Vince considering he was my ex and sorta my best friend again. Should I be worried?

And of course Sofia's tagging along.

"Incase anything goes down." I whisper into Hazes ear. "I'm not saving her." I say referring to Sofia who's in the mirror fixing her hair.

"Everyone ready?"

We arrive at the town hall at six o'clock and the parking lots already filled. I'm guessing the gangs love to party or free alcohol at the bar.

"We look terrifyingly similar." Lyla says staring at me. "I guess we'll be the new twins in town."

"I guess so." I sigh wrapped my arms around Hazes.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah." I smile. "Let's go in."

The decor inside wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. They even had good music playing. "You realize your squeezing my arm?"

I let go of Hazes arm and realize I'm nervous. Why am I so nervous? "I'm sorry, I think I need a drink."

We sit down at the bar and I ask for two glasses of their strongest liquor. I drink it down and see Haze isn't liking this side of me and in the back of mind I'm just remembering again, he'd been doing pills. I can't help but feel like he can't talk to me about those things.