c h a p t e r 15 | urge faded away

C H A P T E R  15 | URGE FADED AWAY

"Your sister really misses you." My mom says through the other side of the phone. "She also misses Elaina."

"Yeah I miss her too." I said.

"I can't believe you went back there Hazen, to the south?" She sighs, disappointed I know.

"I had to."

"No you didn't I could have helped if you asked."

"No, I didn't want you involved, to many people around me are already in danger." I said. "I'm gonna find him mom for you."

"I'd rather you come home before you become your father." She says. "I'll call you later." She ends the call quickly after.

I get it my dad never had time for anyone because he was so focused on getting the Adjacent's to form some union. I wasn't him and I hope I'd never turn out that way.

"Bad news, more people were captured this morning heading downtown." Aspen says walking into the room with Quinn. "We think Victor plans on making some war out of this to get you to back down."

"I'm heading over there today." I said.

"Are you crazy?" She says. "They'll capture you too."

"We have to sort this out like leaders do. We fight."

"Victors a lot older and a lot more stronger he's been training for who knows how long?" Quinn mentions. "You sure about that?"

I nodded. "Of course I am."

Quinn and I arrived in Adjacent's territory before being escorted into the headquarters. I don't know if Victor was around anymore but if he was we needed to talk.

"He'll be out shortly." A man says guarding the door. Quinn and I stand there waiting for him to arrive which is a couple short minutes later.

"Just the guy I was waiting on." Someone laughs as they enter holding a gun in one hand. "Hazen Walker?"

"Look I just came here to make a deal?" I reply.

Victor shakes his head. "I don't make deals but go on ahead."

"We'll fight." I shrug. "Say you win you can take the Walkers, if I win I take the Adjacent's."

Victor starts smirking. "Sounds like and offer I wouldn't want to skip out on."

"Then we have a deal?"