c h a p t e r 27 | prepare for blood

C H A P T E R  27 | PREPARE FOR BLOOD

C H A P T E R 27 | PREPARE FOR BLOOD

I crawled over to him and wrapped my arms around him from behind. He seemed a little shocked at my actions. "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"Nobody knows." He says softly.

"What's going on in here?" The door swings open to reveal Hazes mother and my dad looking almost petrified at the scene. I quickly let go of Haze at the sight of my dads threatening glare.

"What happened to your room?" His mother sighs.

"Are you alright?" My dad asked me.

"I'm fine dad." I said pushing away his hands that tried to examine my face.

I watch as Haze stands up and leaves the room without another word. "Can you tell us what happened Elaina?" His mom asks.

"Quinn and Jaime just came, they said some things that made Haze kinda-"

"Yeah." She nods.

"Maybe he should try some therapy." My dad buds in.

"Maybe you both need some therapy." Kathy tells him with a pointed look. "Haze has gone through a lot, he's going through what we went through as kids." She tells my father.

I blocked out their conversation and tried hard to listen for Haze downstairs, nothing. He must have left.

"Do you mind if I speak to my dad for a second?" I asked.

Kathy shakes her head and gives me a warm smiling before she leaves the room.

"What is it?"

"Vince says it's getting worse back home." I said. "What if mom thinks were still live there and she's sending things." I add getting up to pull out the locket from my pocket.

"What?"

"They want me to become leader and without me everything you built as leaders will be ruined and Riverson will be gone." I tell him.

"You really want to go back there?" He laughs. "Over my dead body Elaina."

"Dad, I'll be eighteen in less than two weeks." I remind him.

"I won't let you do this Elaina."

"I know." I sat down. "I don't even know if I could let myself do it."

"This is about that boy downstairs isn't it?" He sighs.

"Haze never hurt me dad, Vince-."

"Vincent hurt you!" He snaps. "I knew he'd be just like his father!"

"Please calm down that was the past." I groaned.

"I can't let you go back to the south Elaina especially not with those kind of people."