c h a p t e r 17 | she literally killed

C H A P T E R  17 | SHE LITERALLY KILLED

C H A P T E R 17 | SHE LITERALLY KILLED

I smirked at Vince who was holding back a smile to his lips. We both made are way inside of the small fast food restaurant hoping to get some free food. "We'll take two number fours. Coke on the drinks."

The employee nods his head. "Anything else miss?"

I bite my lip gently leaning over the counter as I scanned the menu above. "No that will be all." I smiled.

"That will be twelve sixty-seven."

I frown. "Clumsy me." I said looking through my pockets. "I forgot my money."

The boy looks around to his fellow employees but then looks back at me. I give Vince a glance at where he's sitting. "It's on the house." The boy laughs nervously. "It'll be right up."

"Thanks, Dylan." I grinned at him. I could clearly see the blush rising to his cheeks.

"How do you do it?" Vince asks as I bring the food to the table. "Actually, don't answer that."

"Please, boys are easy to fool." I laughed sipping my drink. "It got you here didn't it."

Vince rolls his eyes. "Hey I chose to come along with you. Even if this all goes to hell."

I shrugged. "Wrapped around my little finger more like."

"It's been a couple weeks since we heard any news shouldn't we give the south a call?" Vince adds.

I shook my head. "So they can ruin what I have planned, no thanks."

"So what you're suddenly against them? I get it Elaina you lost someone but maybe we should just move on-"

"Move on? Yeah I'll just never think about the assholes who killed my mother because that's so easy." I said.

"We don't even know if he did it." Vince hisses.

"I know Vincent. I'll kill him in cold blood when I get the chance so let's go." I said getting up. "We have places to be."

I walked out to the parking lot where are car was located. "You think Haze would want you to do that?"

I turn around glaring at him. "Haze, this isn't about Haze and I could careless."

"You shut everyone out Elaina. C'mon we can just head home."

I stepped closer to Vince who steps back. Clenching my fists. "Sorry Vince." I grabbed his arm twisting it around his back where I kicked him down to his knees. "I thought you'd understand. But you'll just ruin this too." I wrapped my arm around his neck seeing him struggle as I gave him just enough pressure so he could pass out.

I rested his body against the restaurant wall. I turned back and hopped into the car where I drove away. I was just a few hours away now.