c h a p t e r 33 | is haze happy

C H A P T E R  33 | IS HAZE HAPPY

C H A P T E R 33 | IS HAZE HAPPY

The wind crashed against my skin as I drove down the highway to Riverson. When I arrived at Hazes house I pulled off my helmet for my blonde hair to come out, I owed him the truth.

I felt my hands beginning to sweat as I knocked on the door.

"Elaina." Kathy says giving me half a smile. "Haze has been locked up in his room all day."

"I just need to speak to him real quickly." I said.

She slowly nods her head and lets me inside. "Haze a friend is here to see you." She calls out but after a moment he never shows. "You can go upstairs if you'd like, keep the door open." She says.

I take in a deep breath as I opened the door to his bedroom it was dark and cold inside the sun coming in from the window blinds was the only light source.

But he wasn't here.

"Is everything okay?" Kathy asks as I headed for the door.

"Haze isn't here, maybe this was a mistake." I said softly. "Goodbye."

"Where have you been?" My mother shouted as I walked through the front door

"Where have you been?" My mother shouted as I walked through the front door. "I've been worried Hazen."

"Don't worry then." I said trying my best to ignore this conversation.

"Haze." She calls as I went upstairs. I turned on the light switch to my room to find a little box sitting on my bed.

I walk over to it picking it up with my hands before opening the top.

It was the bracelet I gave to Elaina.

"Elaina came by?" I asked my mom. 

She nods. "How did you-?"

I held out the bracelet in my hands. "I should have been here." I muttered. "Why would She gives this back to me?"

"Maybe because you gave it to her and it's too much of a reminder." My mom says to me. "Whatever you guys choose to do you either finally stop this nonsense and go get her or you don't and wonder what it could have been."