c h a p t e r 16 | he get's angry

C H A P T E R  16 | HE GETS ANGRY

"Girl?" Haze repeated.

"Hate to break your heart Haze." Vince laughs menacingly.

"Your apart of the south?" Haze shouts drawing in a crowd to hover around us.

"No." I said pulling away from Vince's grip. "I'm not."

"Once apart of the south always apart of the south." Vince calls out. "We protect are people unlike the west who leaves there's to die."

I take my eyes away from the people in front of me even if they didn't know it was me, it was me.

"Let's go babe." Vince says putting his arm around me. "This parties lame anyway."

Jaime and Quinn look at me with sad eyes, Haze looked equally as frustrated and angry.

"I told you to stay away from them didn't I?" Vince says opening his car door for me. "Listen to me sweetheart."

I sit inside keeping quiet.

He gets in pulling out his gun from inside the glove compartment. "You see I could have easily killed them. I chose to do something less death threatening."

I look over at the house to see people running out but as I reach for the handle, he locks it trapping me inside. "What are you doing to them Vincent!"

"Nothing, they wanted a fight didn't they." He began waving his gun around, he never scared me. "I love you y'know."

"Then let me go."

"You belong to me!" He shouts. "Why won't you just love me again?"

"Cause your not the same Vincent, you changed." I tell him.

He starts putting the gun to my head grabbing the bottom of my chin which forces me to look at him. "You looked like a slut tonight. I can't stand the way you put yourself out there like that."

I hear the sound of him pulling the trigger to shoot. I know he'd never hurt me, Vince was to much of a pussy to do that. So instead I grab the gun that's pointing straight at my head and put it inside of my mouth. As strange as this was it seemed to make him less angry.

"Your something Lainey." He laughs putting his gun down. "Everything a guy could want."

"Just take me home."

"Of course, I always liked you blonde anyway."

When we got to my house Vince stops and pulls over to the side. "Remember when I said things would get ugly?" He says softly.