c h a p t e r 06 | everyone has secrets

C H A P T E R  6 | EVERYONE HAS SECRETS

I stood there for the first time in a long time I didn't know what to do. I could go back into Hazes room and make my escape by jumping out of the window.

"Wanna play with me?" She begins asking tugging on my sleeve. I've never interacted with a child before so this was new and a bit terrifying.

"Maybe another time?" I said hearing someone coming up the stairs.

"Oh dear." A woman says. "Who are you?"

Fml. "Hi I'm Hazes friend I was just stopping by to grab something, Haze said it would be alright." I tell her hoping she'll by it.

"Would you like a glass of water or anything?" She asks nicely. "We have lemonade."

I shook my head. "No I should just get going."

"Are you sure dear?" She asks as I start walking down stairs to the front door.

"Yeah, thank you." I waved goodbye. I never ran faster than I had at that moment. The worst thing that could happen is Haze finding out I was in his house or his little sister asking if I was his girlfriend.

I got to my house and once I entered I could tell someone had also made a visit here as well. His cologne still lingered in the air so I followed it—it lead to my bedroom where the door was left open. I quickly look around seeing any sign that he had taken something. Everything was still in place except my gun.

They found my gun.

You never expect for someone to come in your house so I of course left my gun hidden in my closet not thinking and idiot would come barging into my personal space. Well I was and idiot too because I did the exact same thing.

Luckily I hid my wig and other things under a floor board which was also under a rug. My life would be ruined if they found those. My dad couldn't find out about this otherwise he'd make us move again for are protection as he liked to call it.

Haze wasn't a threat, not yet anyway.

Trying to pass the time until my dad got home I went to the garage to look at my bike. I couldn't wait to ride it again. This time I'd make sure to take good care of her.

"Elaina!" I hear my dad call from the front door. I appear around the corner helping him with the pizza boxes in his hands.

"How has the job hunting been?" I asked him.

"Well good news is I found a job at the mechanic store. It's and eight hour shift from seven am to two pm." He says as we both grab a pizza with extra cheese and extra pepperoni—my favorite.

"Dad I told you already you don't need to work." I remind him knowing he was still against me fighting.

"I took the job sweetheart."