c h a p t e r 28 | today's the day

C H A P T E R  28 | TODAY'S THE DAY

"You made it."

"We need to get her out of there." I told Vince.

"Who is she?"

We started making are way to the other side.

"She's from Riverson and has clearly been brainwashed by Gregg." I said.

"This is her only chance to be excepted though." Vince says. "You know outsiders aren't aloud here."

"You honestly think Gregg will ever stop using girls the way he does?" I asked. "He'll forget about her."

"Elaina they've been going at this for a while now I really think he likes her."

I groaned inside. "If he really liked her he wouldn't let her do this, would you let me?" I added and Vince stays quiet.

"No."

"Get into position everyone!"

"Oh no it's starting." I muttered to myself.

"Gregg!" I shouted which made him scan his eyes into the crowd. "You can't let that poor girl do this." I said finally approaching him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He says down at me. "Elaina." Gregg pulls me into a hug but before he lets go a huge smile spreads across his face. "You're here to become leader?"

"I'm here to stop your girlfriend from getting killed."

"N-no what I've been training her she'll be okay, if she doesn't do this we'll have to break up."

"Break up, well maybe it's for the best." I sighed.

"Really she's the first girl I've felt this great with." He says.

"Start!"

Are eyes avert to the new members starting the first round of slashes. Thankfully you were allowed to be fully clothed but for those who wanted higher ranks like one of the six you were to be shirtless.

I sorta winced at the sight and the sounds these people made. Holly's eyes were closed as her first slash hit her arm and she fell to her knees crying.

"Gregg."

"Elaina please."

By the fourth slash everyone was crying and some were already bleeding.