c h a p t e r 13 | position as leader

C H A P T E R  13 | POSITION AS LEADER

C H A P T E R 13 | POSITION AS LEADER

"This is fucking ridiculous I'm not helping you." Gregg shakes his head glaring at me. "I can take care of myself."

"Don't you fucking get it!" I shouted. "They're coming after us so if we don't think of something fast, we're done."

"Haze is right." Aspen nods. "Look at us we're just some kids! We can't protect ourselves."

I get it, Gregg and I didn't have the best relationship but this wasn't about that anymore. This was about finding Victor and killing the son of a bitch, for Elaina.

"Sorry but if you take a look around we're fucked either way. Elaina got herself through this she can get herself out of it." Gregg says.

"Dude that's low even for you." Noah adds disapproving of his reasons.

"I wanted to come here to get away from that. Look where she's got us?" Gregg walks out of the room leaving behind silence.

"I'm in." Quinn adds. "Elaina's always been a good friend, whatever I have to do."

"Me to." Noah says. "For the gang."

Aspen sighs. "Okay I just need some more practice with the fighting and everything."

"Hey." Someone's calls out to us. "Forgetting someone?"

"Jaime!" Quinn shouts running over to him.

"I heard you guys needed some help? I'm here for you."

"You didn't have to." I tell him.

Jaime shakes his head. "Yes. I did have to."

"Haze." Aspen says. "The meeting with Will today? You should go."

I nodded. "I'll catch up with you guys later?"

I hopped into my car and drove down a couple minutes away to Wills hotel. It wasn't much of a hotel but whatever was left of it was. I walked inside seeing the same lady from before smirking over at me. The floor creaked with each step as I finally made it into room nine.

"Come over here Haze." Will says once I enter he's looking down at his desk. Once I approach closer I can see a map. "Has Elaina ever mentioned any place she felt safe in?

I shook my head.

"So your telling me she's just disappeared and you have no idea where she's heading?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying." I said.

"Why should I believe you?"