c h a p t e r 18 | touch me once

C H A P T E R  18 | TOUCH ME ONCE

C H A P T E R 18 | TOUCH ME ONCE

"Thanks again for letting me barrow you clothes." I told Aspen. "I guess I just lost everything."

"It's fine. Anything that's mine is yours." She smiles at me. "I missed you."

"Yeah, I wasn't gone that long." I said.

*knock* *knock*

"Ready to go?" Haze says standing in the doorway of Aspens room. I nodded my head following behind him to the car outside. Haze insisted that he take me to get essentials and more clothes because again, I lost everything, literally.

"Maybe the mall wasn't such a good idea." I said once we arrived. The parking lot was full and people were walking everywhere. It's been months of me running away from people I needed to get used to larger crowds.

"Cmon." Haze says with that reassuring smile.

We both got out of the car, Haze reached my side grabbing onto hand. I guess it wasn't to bad, I managed to get a few outfits. Makeup, etc. I stood at the register with Haze who was paying. "Taking you sister out for a shopping spree?" The girl says.

"Girlfriend, actually." Haze corrects her.

"Really?" The girl laughs.

I start furrowing my eyebrows. "What's that supposed to mean?" I said.

The girl looks up at me. "Oh, nothing."

"Let me rephrase." I sneered. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"Elaina." Haze says. He grabs the bag and leads me out of the store. "Chill."

"I'm chill." I said. "Maybe I'm just hungry."

"Well good cause I have and idea where to go." Haze smiles down at me. How could he act like I was the cutest thing in the world when I just threatened a girl and I'm literally the worst girlfriend ever?

I was nervous once we arrived.

"Haze are you sure?" I asked.

"They miss you." He answers. "Don't be worried."

Ugh there he goes again making me believe in myself. How was that possible?

We reached the door where Haze knocked a few times until someone opened it. "Elaina, Haze." I gave Kathy a weak smile. I don't know if she knows about all that's happened, I hope not. "Come in."

"Lana!" Lucy says running over to me from the kitchen. "Look at my new Barbie I named it after you." She grins.

I just stand there awkwardly. "You shouldn't have." I finally say. "Really."