c h a p t e r 37 | back into riverson

C H A P T E R  37 | BACK INTO RIVERSON

"I want you all out of my house immediately!" My dad shouts I'm pretty sure the neighborhood woke up.

"Dad let me explain." I said following after him.

"No. I've had enough of your explaining Elaina."

My dad headed to bed as everyone got ready to leave before he went off again. "Your sure you're okay to drive them home?" I asked Haze.

He nods his head. "I'm pretty sobered up by now."

"Okay, I'll call you if my dad doesn't kill me."

Haze pecks a kiss to my cheek. "Okay cupcake, goodnight."

I closed the front door and went back up to my room, it was five o'clock and I'd be getting up in less than a few hours now.

I crashed on my pillow only to wake up once again.

"You look like death." Gregg laughs. "Where'd you leave to last night?"

"I went home but didn't go to bed until five."

"So you and Haze made up then."

"Of course they made up the whole neighborhood could hear them making up." Val laughs.

"No I'm pretty sure that was the neighborhood hearing my dad kick everyone out." I said.

"Damn, does he know you and Haze are doing the dirty in his own house?"

I shrug. "I could careless."

"You hardly drank last night? What's with the red eyes and puffy face?" Val says examining me.

"I told you I didn't get any sleep." I said.

"No. That's something else." She narrows her eyes. "Did you take those Nox pills kids been selling these days?"

"Nox pills?"

"That stuff gets you all crazy."

"Well I took something." I said.

"Elaina those things are super addictive tell me you don't have anymore?" She says with worried eyes.

"I don't have anymore."

Was I lying, yes. Did I tell her what she wanted to hear, yes. It's a win, win.

"I'm heading to Hazes house I'll see you guys later?" I said grabbing my jacket from the table.