Chapter 50 "Gone"

~one moon later~

Foxtail watched as waterkit and mistykit were wreastling. Firekit and earthkit were playing moss ball. Silverkit followed leafstar around everywhere. She would ask questions and leafstar would answer. Icebreath could see silverkit was really interested in becoming a clan leader some day. She sighed as tinyfoot walked in with a mouthful of prey.

"if we keep hunting like we have, we'll have enough to survive many sesons" said lilystream.

Icebreath nodded. Maplekit climbed up with blackkit. She was bouncing with joy.

"mama, mama" she squealed "i just caught a moth!"

"let me see" said lilystream.

Maplekit brought back a moth wing, it was all bloody and gross. Icebreath held her breath.

The queen of the dark forest has risen, whispered a voice.

    Icebreath knew that maplekit held power in her unlike most other kits, her destiny was lied right in front of her, her destiny to become queen of the dark forest. Icebreath wished that her kin did not have to deal with the dark forest like she has. Icebreath could she a darkness of pain and hurt in maplekit's eyes.

"that's lovley maplekit" said lilystream.

Maplekit smiled and ran off with blackkit. Lilystream sighed.

"she's going to make her father proud one day" she sighed.

Icebreath slowly nodded. Lilystream looked at icebreath worried.

"there's something wrong" said lilystream worried "what is it"

"well.....nothing" said icebreath.

"it's about maplekit right" she asked.

Icebreath gave a slow blink.

"you saw her destiny" said lilystream with hurt.

"yes, do you want me to tell you" asked icebreath.

Lilystream nodded.

"well.....tigerstar came into a vision of mine telling me that she's the queen of the dark forest"

"oh starclan no!" whispered lilystream.

"your right, she'll prove her father, one way or another" said icebreath.

*********

"your leaving?!" asked icebreath shocked.

Hollyleaf nodded "i have to help my clan mates, a battle with the dark forest is coming, i must leave"

"but-"

"i'm sorry, i must, please take care of my kits, i know i will die but, i have to be there for my brothers" she said.

Icebreath nodded.

"goodbye icebreath" she said.

"go-goodbye hollyleaf" said icebreath.

Hollyleaf rubbed up agaist her kits.

"take care of your sister's wolfkit" she whispered in his ear.

" i will mama, don't worry" he said almost in tears.

"why can't you take your kits with you" asked blazefur.

"they will not survive the journey, it's long and hard" said hollyleaf.

Hollyleaf began to leave camp.

"goodbye eaglestrike, you'll be forever in my heart" she whispered.

He rubbed up against his mate and walked her out of camp. She gave one last glance at skyclan camp then disappeared forever.

"i'm going to show mama, i'm going to become a strong warrior like you icebreath" said wolfkit.

"i'm sure you will" said icebreath.

"what's going on?" asked maplekit.

Icebreath froze and sighed.

"hollyleaf left" said icebreath.

"your mama's stupid" sneered maplekit "she dosn't like you, that why she's leaving"

"why do you care" hissed wolfkit.

Maplekit hissed and pounced on wolfkit. He bit her fore leg and shoved her off. Tinyfoot went running to stop the kits. Icebreath stopped him, he looked at her.

"it's time for wolfkit to prove himself" said icebreath.

Tinyfoot nodded and watched.

Wolfkit grabbed maplekit's neck and bit it. She clawed his face and he went flying. She walked up to him.

"weak" she said.

He growled and clawed her neck. She squealed as he jumped on her. He put his paw on her neck and held it there.

"i may be younger than you but, i can still fight" he hissed.

She growled at him. He stepped off and walked to the nursery. She hissed at him and looked at feverpelt staring at her. He walked up to her. Icebreath knew he was going to say something hurtful to her.

"if you were really my kit, you would have been able to kill wolfkit" he hissed "your weak maplekit, weak"

Icebreath ran over to feverpelt and clawed the side of his face.

"don't you dare talk to your kit that way, no son of mine will be that way with his kits" she hissed.

"i can do what ever i want" he hissed.

"you may look like your father but, you definitely don't act like him" she hissed.

Hurt filled up in feverpelts eyes.

"she's just a kit" said icebreath. She bit down on his ear and took him out of camp.

"what are you doind" he asked angry.

"were going to have a talk" she said.

She walked him over to a bunch of bushes and let go of him.

"why do you hate maplekit and blackkit?" asked icebreath "their your kits"

"blazefur's litter has more promise" he said.

"look, you may become leader of skyclan one day and you need to care for all your clan, not just half, like your kits" she hissed.

Feverpelt gave her a cross look.

"i can't believe the stunt you pulled with lilystream" hissed icebreath "you broke her heart and left her expecting your kits"

He froze.

"why did you do that" asked icebreath.

"i always loved lilystream" he said "i still do but blazefur was just a friend but, lilystream started wanting to go on more patrols and not be with me as often, i thought she was over me"

Icebreath nodded "she needed to do warrior duties though"

"i know but, i thought i would make her jealous with me with blazefur but then.....when blazefur told me that she was expecting kits and so did lilystream i-i" he was tearing up.

Icebreath rubbed up agaist her son "it's okay, but you have to fix this and ignoring maplekit isn't going to fix anything..........why do you advoid her and blackkit"

"they remind me of their mother and when i was a kit and well, try to push it aside" he said.

"don't worry, no evil sister will come and take them" she said sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes at icebreath's answer.

"lets go back" said icebreath.

They walked back to camp. Icebreath now understood the other side of the story, there's always two sides to a story. They walked into the entrance of camp and icebreath sighed. Tinyfoot and tinyclaw came running up to icebreath.

"w-what is wrong and why is everyone in panic?" asked icebreath.

"i-it's maplekit" said tinyfoot "she's gone!"