Chapter 26 "The last straw"

Icebreath woke up to her kits missing. She went into a panic mode. She heard mousestar's and darkheart's laugh comeing from every where.

Mousestar came out with swiftpaw's dead body in frount of her. and in her mouth she saw feverkit and tinykit struggling to free themselves.

"You have lost every thing icebreath" her sister mocked.

Darkheart pounced on icebreath and sliced her throat. icebreath fell to the ground and was gasping for air.

"say good bye to your precious kits icebreath" said mousestar as she killed feverkit and tinykit on the spot.

"NO!"

Icebreath opened her eyes, and saw her kits sleeping soundly. She sighed, it was only a dream.

She nugged her kits awake. spottedkit was the first to open her eyes. she looked at her mother.

"morning mama" said said.

Feverkit opened one eye then closed it. foxkit jumped right up with tinykit. They were poking feverkit awake. he looked at his sisters anoyed. they both giggled, as he slowly stood up and streached.

"i'm going to work on our house today" said tinykit.

"can i help" asked spottedkit.

"okay"

"but spottedkit, we need you to help us hunt" whinned foxkit.

"y-your not hunting for real..right" said icebreath.

"no mama were going to catch leaves and pretend their rabbits and mice" explained feverkit.

"aw...okay be careful outside, okay" said icebreath worried.

"don't worry mama, we'll be fine" promised foxkit.

"come on spottedkit lets go and hunt" said feverkit, pulling his sisters ear.

"ow feverkit" spottedkit swiped feverkits face he let go of her ear "don't bite my ear"

"sorry" he said with his tail between his legs.

Swiftpaw bumped into foxkit.

"s-sorry foxkit" said swiftpaw.

"thats okay" she said sitting right back up.

"come on guys" said feverkit as the bouned to their little play area. Tiny kit crawled up into the house walls and started playing in there.

"i-icebreath you won't belive the news i over heard" said swiftpaw.

"w-what is it" said icebreath.

"i was hunting over by camp when i over heard mousestar yelling at my sister and her kits"

"YOUR SISTER HAS KITS!"

"no what i ment to say was mousestar's kits"

"oh...good"

"well she called them 'paw' and their only five moons old" said swiftpaw.

"th-thats a little too young to be made and apprentice but, we should stay away from clan gossip" said icebreath.

Thats when they heard a terrible nosie and foxkit screamed. Icebreath ran out side to see darkheart's paw on spotted kit and in her mouth was foxkit.

"PUT MY KIT DOWN NOW!" demanded icebreath.

"moonclan attack!" yowled darkheart "grabb every single kit and kill icebreath and swiftpaw"

Cats from moonclan appered out of no where. and in the trees mousestar was smiling at her.

"swiftpaw ready for a battle" asked icebreath.

"but....were out numbered" said swiftpaw.

"i know but we have to defend my kits"

swiftpaw nodded.

"swiftpaw remember, these cats will kill you even if your related to them, show then NO MURCEY!" shouted icebreath.

"brave words icebreath but, thats gonna get you nowhere" said mousestar.

Only if the black cat where here, thought icebreath, he would help me.

rockfur pounced on icebreath and she fell to the ground. She swated his face and clawed his stomac. she threw him off of her. Every one was a little shocked that she did that to her favorite litter mate.

Then moonclan cats were swarming them and icebreath and swiftpaw couldn't keep up with this battle. icebreath saw darkheart carring feverkit.

"MAMA HELP ME" he cried.

Mousestar held foxkit in her jaws and looked at her in amussment. Icebreath finally dropped to the ground and couldn't fight anymore. she closed her eyes and blacked out.

Swiftpaw's POV

Swiftpaw saw icebreath fall to the ground. the cats stopped fighting and looked at icebreath. swiftpaw ran over to icebreath. She was just wounded but still alive.

"Kill them!" ordered darkheart.

Swiftpaw looked at her sister. her sister's gaze was fixed on her neack. swiftpaw gulped as larkpaw went running toward her. swiftpaw closed her eyes as she was about to be killed. but a wind blew by and larkpaw dissapered. swifpaw looked over to see a dark red she-cat stading over her sister. her neck was in the she-cats mouth. swiftpaw knew her sister was dead but, was grateful that this cat saved her life.

"who are you" demaned mousestar.

The red she-cat looked at mousestar with anger. swiftpaw saw a toothed collar on her. it didn't look like an ordinary kittypet collar.

"my name is brick" she said "and i have brought friends to defeat you guys, its not nice to out number two cats"

Then all the sudden a muscular black and white tom came barrling out of a bush and grabbed blackwing's back and flung him agaist a tree. black wing looked at the tom and was frightedned.

"my name is bone" he said. he too had the same toothed collar as the she-cat did. then cats with the same collars came barling out of the bushes. swiftpaw watched in amazment. the moonclan cats fled the scean and went running back to their camp.

"t-thank you for saving us" said swiftpaw.

The black and white tom looked at her "your welcome"

A small black cat emerged from the crowd. he had on a purpled toothed collar and started at icebreath.

"lets wait till this one awakens then we shall return home" he said.

swiftpaw wondered....who were these cats that saved them?