Chapter 8 "Stonefur"

"Icepaw.....Icepaw."

Icepaw woke up to see cottonfoot above her nest.

"your assesment is today" he said "Applestar wants you to hunt over by the twoleg place."

"Is it my warrior assesment?" asked icepaw excited.

"nope....not yet" replied cottonfoot.

"oh..." said icepaw dissapointed "okay"

    Icepaw slowly got up out of her nest and walked out of her den. She and cottonfoot padded tward the entrance/exit of camp. She pushed away the vines that covered the entrance as she walked through the tunnel. When she got out of camp cottonfoot nodded and turned around and headed back through the entrance. She looked out at the forest/maesh that she called home. It was an early morning, it was like the forest was trying to wake up as well. Icepaw climbed hill after hill and wadded through the marshy wetland. She finally arrived at the twoleg place.

   Her ears twiched tward a small russling in the bushes, under the leaves. MOUSE! She quickly crouched down and started stalking the mouse. She was downwind so, the mouse couldn't scent her. She then leaped on the mouse and bite down on its neck before it could scream. She picked up her prey and took it over to a tree. She barried it down under the roots. Once she finished she picked up another scent. She sniffed it to see what prey it was. She sniffed the air.

It...it smells like......ROUGE!!! she thought to her self.

She crouched down and saw a dark gray pelt move along the tall gras that grew in the twoleg place. She couldn't scent any of her clan mates around.....so she would have to deal with this threat by her self, After all.....she did kill a bager. She was crouched down and stalked the rouge like prey.

"uh.." she hear it sigh "where did those dang kits go?!"

  When it got close to icepaw she pouced on its back. The cat fell to the ground and bit icepaws foot. She yowled with pain. The cat then started to claw icepaw.

How does this rouge fight so good? she thought to her self.

She swiped his face and pushed him to the ground exposing his stomac.

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MOONCLAN TERITORY!!" she yowled. She then looked at his golden yellow eyes starring back at her.

"I'll tell you if you get of of me" he said with amussment.

Icepaw let the rouge go.

"so...TEL ME!!!" she demanded.

The cat licked his dark gray pelt then spoke "I was trying to find my sister's lost kits....." he pause " the river where I live rose high because it's green leaf, and I guess two of her four kits got washed away so, I followed the river up stream to see if they washed up here" he then giggled "but then you came along and well.....attacked me"

Icepaw paused. Was this cat trying to flirt with her?

"you fight good" she said licking her paw "well...for a rouge anyway."

"rouge?" he said with confusion "I'm no rouge."

"oh" said icepaw surprised "Well... I don't reconize your scent."

"I'm a clan cat" he said "a riverclan cat"

"Riverclan" icepaw asked confuzed "Whats that? The only clans here are flowerclan, moonclan, fireclan, and waterclan."

"oh..I didn't know there were other clan around here" he said as he walked away, he then turned around and said "I'm stonefur by the way....whats your name?"

"ic..icepaw"

"cool.....well the kits aren't here so i'll leave.....nice to meet you.....icepaw" he said as he walked away.

"you too" said icepaw quielty. She felt a tingling in the pit of her stomac, I can't like this cat....can I?

                                                                               * * * * *

From the meeting with stonefur, Icepaw could not stop thinking about him. With his deep yellow eyes and his dark gray pelt how could she not!!!

"icepaw are day dreaming?" asked breezeheart.

"no" said icepaw quickly.

Breezeheart smiled. "Well.....I think that your mooning over a cat..without a dout."

"no i'm not!!" said icepaw as she quickly turned away from breezeheart as she blushed.

"haven't you noticed the way sealpelt looks at you!!" said breeze heart.

About three moons ago, sealpaw, troutpaw and, redpaw earned their warrior names. Their know as sealpelt, troutscale and, redpelt.

"what do you mean" asked icepaw

"well.." said breezeheart "he's always folowing you everywhere you go."

"h..he is?"asked icepaw.

 Now that she metions it he does,Icepaw thought in her mind.

"well..anyway I've got to go icepaw" said breezeheart as she walked off.

She saw sealpelt come back from huntting patrol. He was handsome but.......Stonefur was all that icepaw was thinking about.