Chapter 16 "Good bye my beloved kits"

Icebreath woke up and saw stonefur still asleep by her side. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at his mate.

"good morning" said icebreath.

"well a good mornig to you too" he said as he licked her ear.

"i better get going" he said as he got up from the nest.

"me too" said icebreath.

"and remember" he said softly "i will always love you, i will never leave your side"

She closed her eyes then opened them slowly.

"remember to come tonight" she cried out to him as he left.

"don't worry i will" he yowled back to her before he dissapprered in the brush.

*  *  *  *  *  * 

As icebreath passed through the forest of her moonclan home land, she heard crying. She listened closer to the crying.

Wait, she thought ,t-that's moonfur!

She raced toward the crying. Her heart was puonding and the blood roared in her ears. She stopped to catch her breath and listened again. She heard it again and went running. She came across a hole in a huge tree root. She looked in and saw three tiny kits. She paused and was thinking.

Why would there be kits alone in a tree root? she thought to her self.

Her ears twicthed and she heard the crying again. She padded away from the tree root and headed to where the crying was. She could hear the river flowing swiftly and also the crying. Icebreath emerged from a bush and saw moonfur crying histarically. She was bent over a small bump of earth.

"m-moonfur whats wrong?!" said icebreath alarmed.

"i-i lost her icebreath" said moonfur as she looked at her "i-i couldn't save her"

"who?"

"my daughter...s-she died....a-and i couldn't s-save her"

"oh moonfur" said icebreath as she padded over to her sister.

"i-its so hard to barry a kit.....especially when it's your kit" said moonfur.

"y-you kittened?"

"yes....goldenkit wasn't my only kit i barred" said moonfur as she padded away from the river, from where her kit lyied, barried.

"goldenkit?"

"yes, she's the one i lost"

"oh..."

They walked over to the same tree root icebreath came acrossed. Moonfur looked at icebreath and sighed. Icebreath looked at them. They squirmed around.

"what are their names?" asked icebreath.

"the black tom one is reedkit, and the small white she-cat is whitekit and the brown tom with a scar on his back is ratkit" said moonfur.

"how did ratkit get a scar?" asked icebreath curisous.

"well he climbed over to a sharp thorn and it sunk into his back" said moonfur.

"okay"

"so were you able to talk to the kittypet last night?"

"yes, she said that she'd be more than happy to take them in" lied icebreath sorta.

"i-i can't leave them here alone" said moonfur as she looked at her sister "but i need to do medicine cat duties and stuff...would you mind watching them for me?"

"sure moonfur"

"Okay" she said as she left icebreath with her kits.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

"over here" said icebreath.

"where are we going?" asked reedkit as he padded along side icebreath.

"were going to meet a cat" said icebreath.

They kept walking.

"okay" said icebreath once she reached the old twoleg nest "wait here"

"why?" asked whitekit.

"because, she's going to bring the cat to us so we don't have to walk any more" sneered ratkit.

Icebreath sighed and left. She came back a few seconds later with stonefur.

"okay kits this is stone fur, he's going to take you to your new home" she said. Stnefur stepped forward. And instanly the kits ran up to greet him. Icebreath giggled.

Ratkit looked at icebreath confused "mama said were going to a twoleg place but, i don't want to" said ratkit "i want to be a warrior"

"you will be little one, see stonefur is a warrior from a clan far away" she said to the kits.

"okay" said reedkit happily.

stonefur looked at the kits for a long time. Icebreath looked over to him worried. He looked back and smiled.

"i think we should put them in different clans" he said "reedkit will be placed in riverclan"

"ratkit seems like a shadowclan warrior by heart" he said "and whitekit is a total windclan cat, she's small and fast"

"excelent" smiled icebreath.

"i'll take it from here" he said to his mate "and remember, i will always be at your side and i will always love you"

"i love you stonefur"

"i love you icebreath"

I hope you enjoiyed this chapter!!! please coment, vote and fan me!!!