Chapter 43 "New begings"

Icebreath's POV

Icebreath woke up earliy that morning. Sharpclaw wanted her on dawn patrol. She slowly got up and streached out. She licked her paw and yawned. She walked out of the warriors den and over to the skyrock. She saw sharpclaw standing there waiting for his patrol. Icebreath walked up to him.

"beautiful morning, ain't it" he said looking at the sky.

Icebreath sighed "sure is"

Cherrytail, Sharpclaw's mate, was scrambling to have blazekit and snowkit stay in the nursery.

"but mama" wined snowkit "i want to go with daddy"

Cherrytail sighed "your not old enough yet"

Blazekit slamed down on the ground "it's not fair"

Icebreath and sharpclaw laughed.

"uh, kits" sighed sharpclaw "they always want to do stuff they can't, they think that their big stuff when their really not"

"yep" said icebreath trying not to remember her kits.

"did you ever have kits?" asked sharpclaw.

Icebreath gave a slow nod "y-yes i did but, i got separated from them when i fell in the river"

"oh....i'm sorry for asking" said sharpclaw.

"no, no it's fine, my kin are probanly taking care of them" she said.

The rest of the patrol showed up.

"lets go" said sharpclaw.

And the patrol set out to the forest, but something was lurking that could kill them all if their not careful.

~earlier that morning~

Leasfstar's POV

Leafstar was curled up with her kits. They were going to be made apprentices in a cople of sunrises. She was fast asleep when sharpclaw nuged her side.

"what" she wined.

"leafstar, we need to talk" he said.

"with what?"

Sharppclaw paused and looked at his leader "if i ever die, please make icebreath deptudy"

"what, your not going to die" said leafstar "your still a young cat"

"i know but, if i were to ever die, please make icebreath deptudy, she's a great cat and-"

"don't worry, i will but, your not going to die though" said leafstar cutting off sharpclaw.

He nodded "i'm going on dawn patrol"

"okay, bye" said leafstar

Sharpclaw began to leave her den, he turned around "bye leafstar, may starclan light your path"

~present time~

Scourge's  POV

Scourge has looked non-stop for icebreath. All the bloodclan cats felt a bit sorry for him, especially bone. Foxkit, feverkit and tinykit padded along moonfur's side.

"i don't reconize this forest scourge" said brick "but, i can sence there are clan cats here"

Scourge lifted up and sniffed the air, he smelled clan cats but, a familar scent caught his nose. Hi smelled it and it smelled just like icebreath! her scent was mixed in with other cat scents.