92: The Balance of Power

(Later Evening in KIP Conference Hall)

"What were you thinking? Did your common sense decide to go on a holiday or what?" Serena says in a cross tone as she rounds up on the Champions. Diantha and the others remain quiet. They are clearly too depressed to utter any syllables in their defense.

"You can't beat him. Which part of that sentence wasn't clear to you? Or would you like to try again?" Serena asks as no one replies.

"I don't think anyone will make that mistake again Sere." Ash says while quietly chuckling to himself.

"That's not funny Ash. They went and blew the whole situation out of proportion and got themselves thoroughly humiliated in front of the Entire Pokemon league board members, not to mention the Contest and Showcase board members as well." Serena says in a pissed off tone as she collapses onto the chair with a thud.

When Serena doesn't hear anyone replying to her she says "Say something. Damn it." in a raised tone.

"I don't know. He insulted us. We lost it and we blew it. Are you happy?" Diantha snaps back.

"No. That's not the point. You saw him blow up that mountain and incinerate it to the point there was nothing left but particulate matter. Yet you didn't think twice before attempting such a foolish stunt which blew up in your face." Serena says in a disappointed tone. She then takes a deep breath to calm and reinforce herself. Once calm she continues.

"Point is you can't beat him. You shouldn't make an enemy which you can't afford to have." Serena says while getting up again.

"He's dangerous. Not to mention you and Ash go and train with that lunatic while disregarding the rules of the institutions to which you belong where you vanish without a trace for months at times. Why are you even loyal to him?" Diantha asks back.

"Our oath of fealty to him can't change. Get that very clear. With what he has done for us he is deserves our unflinching and utterly unshakable loyalty. He's shown us what we and our Pokemon are capable of and he made us give him a promise. We don't break our vow." Serena replies.

"I think Sere. You should let me do the talking. Sit down and have some water." Ash says as he gets up as he puts a hand of Serena's shoulder. Serena sighs before nodding and sits down again.

"Regardless of what you think or say. Get 2 things very clear in your head. First we are going with him. Second our loyalty to him is iron clad. It won't change. Now I know you are very frustrated. Who won't be? Some one comes and destroys everything you know and stand for. Anyone would be angry. But this is the harsh reality that you all need to accept. Dragon Emperor trusts us. Instead of fighting him. You should use him the way he wants to use you." Ash replies.

"You mean deploy him like a loaded gun?" Lance asks.

"Precisely. He is a pain in the ass. Trust me Serena and I have learnt that the hard way. But there are a lot of advantages to having him on your side. Otherwise we wouldn't be so fiercely loyal to him despite the amount of hardship we go through while we're with him. Now it's been a trying day for all of us. Let's call it a day. Get some sleep. Take a shower. Eat some food. We'll let calmer heads prevail the next time we meet." Ash says as Serena nods while getting up as well.

"Agreed." Oak says as all the Professors get up as well.

< Not lemon but slightly sexual context >