79 : Roses Have Their Thorns

< Author Note Begins >

Before we begin the next chapter there is a poll based on the recent demand of questions posed in the comments. The question :- "WHAT IS THE END RESULT OF THE BATTLE BETWEEN ASH AND SERENA GOING TO BE?"

The options are :-

1) Ash will win. Very likely because he has a lead.

2) Serena will win. No one can predict the outcome from just one half of the battle.

3) Tied result. Very popular among the comments from the earlier chapter.

4) None of the above (If you choose this option. Mention the reason in the comment)

MENTION YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS WITH THE 1 OF THE 4 OPTIONS CORRESPONDING TO YOUR ANSWER.

< Author Note Ends >

( In the Battlefield )

"Not bad Ash. But let's get a little serious shall we?" Serena says as she enlarges a Poke-ball.

"Why not. After all it's only fair we do. We didn't fight at our full capacity against the others due to the restriction Dragon Emperor placed on us. But now that we are fighting. It would be a shame if we didn't go all out." Ash says as he enlarges his Poke-ball as well.

"You read my mind." Serena says before both Ash and Serena give each other a smirk.

"Salamence. Here we go." Serena says while tossing her Poke-ball.

"Venusaur. I choose you." Ash says while sending out his Pokemon.

"Battle Begin." Referee announces. On hearing the referee both Ash and Serena get into their mega Evolution persona stances as their keystones begin to glow.

( In the VIP Box )

"Oh no." Oak says as he sobs with streams of tears coming from his eyes.

"Why is he crying Gary?" Lillie asks in a confused tone.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Gary says in a disapproving tone.

"Prof. Oak. Why are you crying?" Diantha asks in a concerned tone.

"Indeed Samuel. It is not like you to cry that too in such a shattered manner." Rowan says in an equally worried.

"He's gone. I'll never get to see him again." Oak says as streams of tears continue pouring from Oak's eyes.

"What happened prof? Did you lose someone close to you?" Diantha asks in a concerned tone.

"Yes I did. The loss is irreparable." Oak says as he continues to sob endlessly.

"Who is it?" Grace asks in an anxious tone.

"Ash's Bulbasaur." Oak replies while wiping his nose following which everyone except Gary falls to the ground in anime style with swirly eyes.

"Typical Gramps. Get up everyone the match is starting." Gary says in a disapproving tone as everyone gets up.

( In the Battlefield )

"Salamence use Flamethrower." Serena commands.