37 : Serena's Determination

(One Day Later)

"Alright. Here we are. It is in these mountains your prizes lie. The Lucarionite can be found in the western glittering caves while the Delphoxite can be found in the volcanic caves to the east. You have 1 day. This is your test. To see if you are ready to handle Mega Evolution. Trust in yourselves, trust in each other and above all else trust in your Pokemon. Remember your Lucario and Delphox can sense the presence of their Mega Stones. Use that to find your Mega Stone. Now go." Dragon Emperor says.

"OK." Serena says.

"However. There is a catch." Dragon Emperor says.

"What catch?" Ash asks.

"Should either one of you fail to come here before 24 hour time limit gets over with your mega stones. Your training with Mega Evolution will be postponed as originally planned by me. You will have to go through all the basics first. Then and then only we shall start with Mega Evolution. So the timing of your training with Mega Evolution is in your hands as well as in each other's hands as well. Now get going." Dragon Emperor says.

"Right." Both Ash and Serena say before hugging each other and going their ways.

As the two are going their ways the Dragon Emperor thinks to himself 'He is ready no doubt, but the one who needs to be by his side, I am not so sure at the moment. Now let's see whether she can find her inner strength and prevail or not.'

(6 hours Later)

"Looks like this is the place. So come out Delphox." Serena says while tossing a Poke-ball.

"Del Delphox." it says.

"Delphox can you sense the presence of the Delphoxite?" Serena asks.

Delphox simply shakes his head to convey that it can't.

"Well I guess we need to go further in. Stay close to me and keep the flame lit on your stick." Serena says as she enters one of the caves.

Delphox and Serena begin to walk. Suddenly Serena stops and she turns around to look outside the mouth of the cave.

"Best of luck Ash. You will need it. I know I will. Come on Delphox let's go." She says before putting on a brave face and walking deeper into the cave.

(2 hours later)

"It's like a maze in here. How are we supposed to find Delphoxite in the middle of all this?" Serena says with a sigh.

"Del Delphox." Delphox says in an encouraging tone.

"You are right Delphox. Ash wouldn't give up this easily. Then neither will we." Serena says with her sense of determination rejuvenated.

They begin walking again when suddenly a Crobat comes out of nowhere.

"Look a Crobat." Serena says as she flicks open her Pokedex to see what else the Pokedex says.

Suddenly the Crobat attacks without warning with an Air Slash.

"What the. Delphox dodge it." Serena says after being caught off guard.

"Hey why did you attack us?" Serena shouts after the Air Slash has missed.

The Crobat doesn't listen and then again attacks with an Air slash.

"If you want to play it rough. Fine by us. Delphox give it a Flamethrower." Serena commands.

The Flamethrower scores a direct hit causing Crobat to be slammed into the wall.

After recovering from the attack Crobat flies off.

"That's what you get for being a bully." Serena says in a mocking voice.