74 : Taking on the Dragon Queen

(Next Morning)

"Interesting. This will be fun. I look forward to seeing who is the little kid after all this time." Ash says as he sees the match up for the 1st Semifinal.

"That's Iris. The one who you travelled with in the Unova region. The one from the Village of Dragons?" Serena asks to which Ash nods.

"Yes. She is one of the Opelucid academies top students and if rumour is to believed one of the candidates for the next Unovan Elite four." Ash says.

"A Dragon Type duel. Interesting. Well we have probably had more of those than any one else here so it should be a walk in the park." Serena says.

"I agree. Still it will be fun to poke some fun at Iris by calling her a little girl." Ash says much to his amusement.

"Have fun." Serena says before leaning in for a kiss.

"Oh I will." Ash says before kissing her and then leaving for his battle.

(20 Minutes Later)

"So Iris fancy seeing you here. I never expected you to make it to the semi finals but I guess luck has favoured you when it comes to the match ups." Ash says.

"Ha. You are one to talk. What a kid." Iris says.

"We'll see who the kid is very soon Iris. Tell me are you still afraid of Ice types?" Ash asks while smirking.

"You just mind your business." Iris snaps.

"Sure sure. After all it's difficult to put a leash on a Tarzan." Ash says while smirking to himself, knowing that the comment will send Iris over the edge.

Iris is about to snap back when she remembers Drayden's advise about not losing sight of the target. Iris takes a deep breath and goes back into battle mode.

"Well if you are finished with your pep talk can we get to the battle now little kid?" Iris asks.

"Sure. After all the only way your Dragons are going to end up is fainted on the battlefield." Ash says as both trainers enlarge their Poke-balls in their hands.

"Are both trainers ready?" Referee asks to which Ash and Iris nod.

"Very well then. The 1st Six on Six Semifinal between Ash and Iris is about to begin. Both trainers send in your 1st Pokemon." Referee announces.

"Alright. Dragalge I choose you." Iris says while sending in her first choice.

"Pikachu. I choose you." Ash says as Pikachu races on the battlefield.

"Battle Begin." Referee announces.

"A Dragalge. Where did you find one?" Ash asks.

"Shortly after I left the Blackthorn Gym." Iris replies.

"Well then. Come on." Ash says.

"Dragalge use Dragon Pulse." Iris commands.

"What a waste of time." Ash says as Pikachu dodges the attack effortlessly.

"In that case. Toxic Spikes." Iris commands.

"Oh no you don't. Fry those spikes to a crisp. Use Thunder on the Battlefield." Ash commands. Pikachu uses Thunder as the Toxic Spikes start falling down. Due to the Thunder not only do the Toxic Spikes get fried but Dragalge also gets hit by several of the boulders.