44 : Learning about Z Moves

(Next Day after Lunch)

"Yesterday we talked about Mega Evolution. There was specific focus on Charizardite Z. So Ash after a day's thought have you made your decision?" Dragon Emperor asks Ash.

"I gave it a long thought. Both me and my Charizard feel that using this mega stone is the right way forward. So we have decided to do it." Ash replies.

"Very well young man. Your decision is a brave and an admirable one. I respect the courage shown by the 2 of you. Don't worry I am sure you will figure it out. But that is for a later time. Today we discuss about the mechanism of Z moves. How do Z moves power up a Pokemon? Why do we need to strike a particular pose for a Z move to work? What are the different classes of Z crystals? All these will be covered in today's class." Dragon Emperor says.

"Cool. Can't get to get started." Ash says.

"Now you have seen my Hariyama's Z move all out pummeling when we practiced dodging. Tell me what do you remember?" Dragon Emperor says.

"Well you were doing some kind of a dance. Then a certain glow engulfed you which then became a beam of energy which I am guessing was Aura. This energy then entered your Hariyama after which it was able to use the Z move." Serena says.

"Very good. Now let's start from the basics. There are 4 things necessary to perform Z moves. First thing you need is a Z ring. The second a Z crystal. Thirdly you need to be able to correctly perform all the required poses needed for the successful transfer of Aura energy. Finally you need a bond of complete trust having full synchronization with your Pokemon." Dragon Emperor says.

"OK. But what I have a question Dragon Emperor?" Ash says.

"What is it Ash?" Dragon Emperor asks.

"Well I just wanted your opinion on which one is better. Mega Evolution or Z moves?" Ash asks.

"Interesting question. The answer is that both have there advantages and disadvantages. Mega Evolution raises a Pokemon's attack power, Endurance, Defensive power and also induces other changes like change in type. Whereas Z moves give it's user an exceptional increase in power to perform one move in order to deal critical damage to an enemy. You must use whichever suits your Pokemon and the situation the best. Does this answer your question?" Dragon Emperor asks. Ash gives a nod to gesture to Dragon Emperor to continue.

"Now continuing from where we left. Now several people has classified Z moves in different ways. We shall be learning the classification of Z moves which has been followed in the order of the Pokemon classification known as the Grant Crystal Classification Scheme. According to this classification there are 2 categories of Z moves. In the first category the Z moves are differentiated by the type of the Z crystal. In simpler words here the Z crystals differ from each other based on the compatibility with their type." Dragon Emperor says.

"That's right. I have heard that there are 18 different Z crystals with 1 crystal being for 1 type. Like an Electrium Z for a electric type and a Darkium Z for a dark type etc." Ash says.

"Correct. Your research on Z crystals is correct. Most common ones are Type Specific in nature. However it was soon observed that there were certain Z crystals which were Pokemon specific. However we shall talk about those crystals a little later. For now we focus only on Type Specific crystals. Now would any of you care to venture a guess as to why the specific poses are needed to perform a Z move?" Dragon Emperor asks the duo. Both Ash and Serena think for a moment then nod their heads indicating that they can't guess.

"Alright now listen here. Have any of you heard about Aura Chakra points?" Dragon Emperor asks.

"I haven't." Serena says.