17 : Mega Mystery

(Next Morning in the Food Court)

"Time for breakfast," Ash says as he sits on the table with Grace and Serena.

"These pancakes smell good," Serena says as she sniffs her pancakes.

"So Ash, what is your plan? Which gym are you planning to challenge first?" Grace says while cutting her strip of fried bacon.

"Well, first we'll go to Santalune city to challenge the gym there. Then from there, we will go to the Cyllage city gym. This way we can drop in and see you one more time. Also, I might have my exhibition battle with Cynthia then," Ash says, causing Grace to cast a questioning look.

"She was itching to battle my Charizard after Serena told her that I beat Seibold's Blastoise with it," Ash says before taking a ginormous bite out of his first hamburger.

"I see. Well, that sounds like a good plan. That way I will get to see you really soon Serena," Grace says while sipping her orange juice.

"That is the plan. But before that, we will go to Shalour city via my private jet and then we will go along with the plan Ash just told you, mom," Serena eats a piece of her fried egg.

"What? When did this become part of the plan?" Ash asks is a surprised tone.

"Well, you remember what Prof. Sycamore told you regarding your mega stone, don't you?" Serena says while taking a sip of her coffee.

Ash looks puzzled for a moment. Then, he remembers the conversation from yesterday and exclaims, "Oh right! I totally forgot about that. Thanks, Sere."

"Wait. What conversation?" Grace turns to Serena.

Ash finishes his first 2 hamburgers while Serena tells Grace about Ash's mega stone problem.

"I see. So will you challenge the Shalour city gym, while you are there Ash?" Grace asks Ash.

"Maybe. We shall see," Ash says while taking a sip from his lemonade. 

"That reminds me, Serena, when did you make arrangements for the flight to Shalour city?" he asks Serena.

"Oh, that? It was after you fell asleep last night. I remembered the conversation. So I called my pilot and other people and set it up. Since we will be going on my private plane. We shall be back in Lumoise city in 3-4 hours at the most," Serena smiles back.

"Serena, you worked very hard to reach the position of Kalos Queen. It took a lot of money to buy that plane and all the other things you own. You shouldn't spend them on me," Ash says with a somewhat guilty tone.

"Don't worry about that Ash. Besides at the rate you are going I can tell you will beat Diantha in no time and become the Kalos Champion. Soon you will have these things as well. Besides what good is money if you don't spend it on the ones you care about," Serena says as she gives Ash a peck on the cheeks, instantly brightening his mood.

'My my. Serena has grown up so much. Her maturity and passion have increased tremendously since he has come back into her life. Oh, Arceus please keep these two strong and together.' Grace thinks to herself. 

She smiles as a few tears appear, in her eyes.

"Mom. Why are you crying? Is something wrong?" Serena asks Grace when she sees her mother's eyes turn watery.

"No, no. It's nothing. I am just so happy at the person you have grown up to become and the one who is by her side," Grace says while pulling Serena and Ash into a warm embrace.

All three of them smile and their eyes close, as they savour this moment of warm eternal bliss. After they separate, Ash gets up. 

He says "Well I think I should call my mom and tell her about what has happened in the past few days. Will you excuse me Grace?"